Rotation

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Rotation:
noun
the action of rotating around an axis or center.
"the moon moves in the same direction as the earth's rotation"

Does anyone here know the full scope of the rules for filipino rotation?

A Google search and watching the few matches I can find on you tube are plenty enough to get started but things come up that I have no answer for.

Do balls spot the same as in 1 pocket when another ball is obstructing the spot? Can't a brotha spot the lowest ball in front after someone fouls lol.

And I think I understood Efren saying that you couldn't intentionally tie up other balls (or even shoot at them for whatever reason), unless your OB is close enough to them that you could conceivably be 'attempting' to make a good hit..but it was tough to figure it all out on the TAR podcast on my phone.

I could always play however I like but what if I come across someone that knows the 'real' way? WHAT THEN?!

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like this answer too.

Assuming you're watching the same matches I am, it looks like...

1. On foul, you can play it where it lies or spot the OB and shoot from the kitchen at anytime (on break and otherwise).
2. It is a law by government to have a dude run around the table chalking balls for little to no reason.
3. At least one player has to be wearing flip-flops.

Last edited:

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ll give this my best ...
Played similar to 9 ball
1 front ball, 15 center ball, 2 and 3 on the corners for the rack.
Must hit lowest numbered object ball.
Points awarded by the number of the ball pocketed, example, the 8 ball is worth 8 points, 15 ball 15 points. First over 60 points wins the game.
There is also an option rule, which I’m not sure sure about, a player can call safe, but if you miss and luck a safe, the other player has the option to make you shoot...???

I’m not 100% on this, but, it’s gotta be close.

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol

I'd like this answer too.

Assuming you're watching the same matches I am, it looks like...

1. On foul, you can play it where it lies or spot the OB and shoot from the kitchen at anytime (on break and otherwise).
2. It is a law by government to have a dude run around the table chalking balls for little to no reason.
3. At least one player has to be wearing flip-flops.

Thanks for a good laugh!

MitchDAZB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IIRC...

- The main rule is if at any time you don't like your shot, you can give your opponent a spot shot. This applies to any shot after the break. I'm pretty sure Efren never needed to give up the table after making the OB, but for someone like me who might totally botch shape on the next ball, it's conceivable to do so.

- After a foul/bad hit by your opponent, you either play it where it lies or shoot a spot shot. Playing it where it lies kinda reminds me of snooker.

61 is kinda like snooker in a couple other ways:

- When you kick at a ball, the CB doesn't have to get a rail after contacting the OB. So if, for example, your opponent gave you a spot shot when there's a cluster in front of the spot, you can kick at the OB, contacting the OB gently (as in snooker) and turning the problem back over to your opponent.

- Again like snooker, there's no calling "safe". A shot's either legal or a foul. If you legally pocket the ball that's "on", or combo/carom, your inning continues.

There's an Accu-Stats match with Efren and Busty that shows most of the rules in action. It's a great game. 61 is one of the reasons those guys kick and carom so well.

Last edited: