Gold Crown Barn Find

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"You are the Man"

As we say in Philly regarding Chase Utley...

Trent McRichie you are the man!

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Closer to the Finish Line!

My painter reports a smooth finish was laid down on the aprons and I should expect delivery on Friday. I'll reserve final judgement when I lay eyes on it but if he says its smooth, it should be smooth.

48798397788_438a936950_b.jpg

If these are in fact done, I'm done with my part of the resto with the remainder waiting in the wings for my mechanic. Hopefully, it is on to building the light!

dlvh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My painter reports a smooth finish was laid down on the aprons and I should expect delivery on Friday. I'll reserve final judgement when I lay eyes on it but if he says its smooth, it should be smooth.

48798397788_438a936950_b.jpg

If these are in fact done, I'm done with my part of the resto with the remainder waiting in the wings for my mechanic. Hopefully, it is on to building the light!

I'm presuming these are the pics from your painter? They look pretty good, and I'm hoping you'll indeed be pleased when they get back to you. Light time next, eh?

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got word from my painter. The aprons are done and he is pleased with the results. He'll be delivering them tomorrow. Once in hand, I'll post some pics.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm presuming these are the pics from your painter? They look pretty good, and I'm hoping you'll indeed be pleased when they get back to you. Light time next, eh?

Yes, pics from the painter.

I should be able to start work on the light this coming week.

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aprons sanded and primed, looks like a few spots will need some touch up.

Wings primed, sanded and re primed.

Step in the right direction!

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is the current state of my Gold Crown 1. So much left to do.

Spent most of the day organizing my garage/pool room, which it needed badly.

room.jpg

dlvh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm making fairly decent progress on my GC1. Not too much more to do thankfully, because I'm anxious to start playing on my own table: :grin:

GC progress-a.jpg

dlvh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you paint the parts, and if so what method and are you happy with the results

I used a Rust-Oleum Enamel White Paint and rolled on 3 coats, sanding between each coat. I then brushed on over time, about 4 coats of Minwax Gloss Polycrylic over the paint, after waiting for the paint to cure for a couple of weeks. I then sanded the polycrylic smooth to achieve a pretty nice finish that I am quite happy with. The Enamel White color is undoubtedly NOT the "correct" Gold Crown 1 color, but it's close enough for me.

If I had had more time, (I wanted to get this in my house before the weather turned cold) I could have done an even smoother, Glass-Like finish...however, this can be done in the future, when the weather turns warmer again, if I so desire.