CF blank foam

cermi78

I'm thinking about same thing. I'm not satisfied with my break cue and I have Predator Air 1st gen butt. So I want to buy 2 blank CF shafts, fill it with two compound low expansion foam (does not need air to dry) and install inserts with epoxy glue. I'm looking for some advice from experienced cuemakers if it is correct procedure.

EL Picos can You send me the link where You bought these CF shafts, please? Is it pro taper or conical shape?

tomatoetom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im trying tests with pvc tube lightly misting with water then plugging ends with wet paper towels after putting foam in im using great stuff window and door. Going to try some others. so far this method seems to work work better.but still testing other brands.

EL Picos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im trying tests with pvc tube lightly misting with water then plugging ends with wet paper towels after putting foam in im using great stuff window and door. Going to try some others. so far this method seems to work work better.but still testing other brands.

https://www.smooth-on.com/category/foam/

I never try this flex foam but I'm planning it, it came in several density, the dealer here in Quebec is closed due to the virus, it seem a good product I think.