BK RUSH break cue

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Take this for what it is...

I’m a very mediocre player, 500ish Fargo just as a reference, with an accompanying mediocre break.

My BK Rush has improved my break game to borderline competent. I’m a fan.

Of course, YMMV...

Last edited:

longhorns2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's nothing magic about it, but I went from an OB break stick to the rush and it seems like it has more pop. I like the tip it comes with because it's really hard but can chalk up and control a little bit. I'm sure some of the other brands are just as good

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't have one, but if deflection matters anywhere, breaking should show it.

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
BK Rush hits really good. I had a BK2 and the Rush is better. Really solid, seems like I get a little more juice with the same swing. I have learned to tone down my break a bit. Not lifting up even when playing 9 ball with a magic rack, just staying down and letting my arm swing like a shot. I don't know if it's the cue or if I've gotten better but I like the way it hits.

Jsnstanley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s a great shaft. It’s exactly a REVO 12.9 shaft with a different color vault plate and hard (hybrid) tip. Chalks well, holds shape well, great control. I’ve been playing with the BKR exclusively for 3+yrs. Break & Play. Shaped the tip only a few times in that time frame and still going. Sold everything else (std.12.9, 12.4 and other shafts). Although your stroke must be pure or you ‘Will’ be miscuing… a lot. It’ll show your faults as it’s not forgiving. But there is none lower in deflection. Something like the Kamui gator grip tip tool or similar is all that is needed to only “roll” over once in a while, if needed, for a little more chalk adhesion.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s a great shaft. It’s exactly a REVO 12.9 shaft with a different color vault plate and hard (hybrid) tip. Chalks well, holds shape well, great control. I’ve been playing with the BKR exclusively for 3+yrs. Break & Play. Shaped the tip only a few times in that time frame and still going. Sold everything else (std.12.9, 12.4 and other shafts). Although your stroke must be pure or you ‘Will’ be miscuing… a lot. It’ll show your faults as it’s not forgiving. But there is none lower in deflection. Something like the Kamui gator grip tip tool or similar is all that is needed to only “roll” over once in a while, if needed, for a little more chalk adhesion.

So the REVO CF shaft and the Rush CF shaft are structurally identical? I didn't know this, I assumed the Rush CF had thicker walls.

Jsnstanley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only difference is the Rush butt… I think slightly forward weighted. I found absolutely no difference in the shaft of the std. 12.9 and BKR 12.9. Even the metal weight plug center of the shaft is located the same. You can locate it with a magnet. All marketing to sell the BKR as you have to buy the cue as a whole, and not just the shaft.

Knels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All i know is that in Vegas, a very high percentage of the professionals playing the diamond 10 ball were using it. I tried it on a valley and couldn’t get the hang of it. Probably needed some more time with it

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How good is it really?
How much will it improve ones break?
Thx

In the past few years I've spent A LOT of time and energy working on my 9 and 10 ball breaks.

As for my speed. I'm not in fargo but I'm normally the favorite with most of the 700 to 720ish players that I've faced in private sessions.

The BKrush cue is a great break cue. Did it make my break solid? No. A ton of table time spent racking and breaking and then studying the videos of me breaking to find weaknesses.

Also, lessons from the right person will go a long ways.

Ok...back to the rush cue. It will not make you a better breaker but it can help you to break at the same speeds with less stroke effort. That and the low deflection factor and it's a win/win IMO.

Good luck

Jeff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only difference is the Rush butt… I think slightly forward weighted. I found absolutely no difference in the shaft of the std. 12.9 and BKR 12.9. Even the metal weight plug center of the shaft is located the same. You can locate it with a magnet. All marketing to sell the BKR as you have to buy the cue as a whole, and not just the shaft.

Well, I believed you at first, now I'm not sure. The website has some pretty lofty statements, for instance the page starts out as...

-"...REVO BK-R carbon fiber composite break shaft..."

Then references salesman buzzwording...

- "The BK Rush’s shaft construction is optimized to deliver a higher coefficient of restitution (COR). The result: Faster cue ball speed. "

But above that, identical jargon appears from the regular REVO...

- "Revo features our proprietary carbon fiber composite and ferruless construction achieving our lowest front-end mass and highest stiffness rating. "

Here's 2 images that appear identical on both REVO and REVO BK-R, these support your claims and are the only real indication of construction...

Revo-front.png
Revo-tow.png

Onto the regular REVO webpage, new and opposite jargon appears, well, maybe not opposite but leading..

- "REVO 12.9 MM is for players of all levels who choose Power over control or spin."

Of course the above leads to a description of a good break stick, but also leads you on as a playing stick... whatever.

Although not related, this is subjective and clearly not overwhelmingly true...

- "Black Vault-Plate (Ferrule) for Easier Sighting"

Anyways, I'm not sure if you're correct, but I can't see how you are not. The only problem is that added in jargon of "COR", but it's backed up by absolutely no data at all. What baffles me is that I would of swore I read Predator claiming thicker walls, but clearly that is not correct and I have no idea where I read that (but it wasn't here).

I wonder if they weight the same. It's not a great indicator, but it's something.

Last edited:

Jsnstanley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They weigh the same. +/- fractions with each identical shaft. True to each std. 12.9 I’ve weighed. Here’s a reference of several shafts… Revo 12.4-4.055 oz, Revo 12.9- 4.11, Revo BKR- 4.075, std. BK3-4.59 oz .035 difference between the Revo 12.9 & BKR
P.S. The balance point of the two is also the same.

9ballhasbeen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've owned both

Having played a lot with both the BK Rush, and the Cuetec Breach, I'll share one man's opinion.

I'd give the nod to the Breach as far as power, energy transfer, and durability.

I also jump considerably better using a full cue with Cuetec Breach, and its a bit cheaper to boot. I don't like the vault plate construction at the top of the Rush, I can chew through a few tips on the breach and never worry about the warranty of vault plate thickness. I like the Taom tip on it, and again it was a better value proposition to me.

PS, The shaft on Breach is Stiffer than the BK Rush.