Best medium tip?

Catalin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Victory soft tip that came with my Revo is almost done, and I want to put on a medium. Not looking to start a debate, but I haven't been keeping up with all the tips on the market and I was wondering if there was a consensus on who makes the best medium tips at the moment. I had a Kamui black in the past and hated it so something else.

terpdad

Registered
I don't have a Revo, but I like the Victory medium. My initial impressions of Ultra Skin medium is positive, but I don't have enough time w/ it yet to say for sure. There is no consensus on what's best, just a lot of opinions.

CaleAYS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use Zan now and they are great. Used G2 mediums for a long time and they are really nice also.

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In all honesty, the predator tips are not bad. Right after an install the tip differences can be big between brands and hardness, but after a while they all tend to feel and play the same. I like hard tips and really was impressed by the victory hard tips from pred.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Victory soft tip that came with my Revo is almost done, and I want to put on a medium. Not looking to start a debate, but I haven't been keeping up with all the tips on the market and I was wondering if there was a consensus on who makes the best medium tips at the moment. I had a Kamui black in the past and hated it so something else.
Zan medium is my preferred tip of choice, although admittedly I haven’t tried out that many others.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should give Kamikaze a try. Lots of people use them and love them. =

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You will get as many different answers as people who respond.

My personal favorite is Wizard. An added advantage is that it can be had for about a third the price of some of the other premium, layered tips.

Catalin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You will get as many different answers as people who respond.

My personal favorite is Wizard. An added advantage is that it can be had for about a third the price of some of the other premium, layered tips.
Sadly here in Switzerland cheap doesn't exist. The 2-3 people that change tips also sell them, and I think they all charge 50 including the tip for any of the mainstream brands. One time I brought my own tip and they still charged me 40 for the tip change, so no advantage to buy separately...

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So as it comes to what someone likes most ... the only way to find what you like is always to have your own experience ... Who can know better about someone's feel ... preferences etc.?
There are quite a few quality tips out there. Try and pick what you like most.

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like my Navigator Black medium and Kamui Clear Black medium.

My Zan Hybrid Max doesn't seem to grab as much.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
I like my Navigator Black medium and Kamui Clear Black medium.

My Zan Hybrid Max doesn't seem to grab as much.
Funny, I just cut a fairly new Navigator off mine and put on a Triangle. Made every shot sense. (y)

That's the problem with "what's best" posts. Sometimes I think the question doesn't always line up with the larger issue. OP's mileage may vary.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
I'll be the odd duck out. If you haven't tried them, I'd recommend a milk dud. They are fantastic tips. After getting my first layered tip, I swore I'd never go back to single layer, but duds made me a believer. I don't think I'll go for anything other than a dud now.

Blue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
replaced the default victory med tip for my predator shaft to zan med. It mushroomed after a few days of play. not sure if this will keep happening but the previous victory medium tip does not seem to have this issue.

Catalin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll be the odd duck out. If you haven't tried them, I'd recommend a milk dud. They are fantastic tips. After getting my first layered tip, I swore I'd never go back to single layer, but duds made me a believer. I don't think I'll go for anything other than a dud now.
I tried milk duds and I know some people love them, but to me they are too thin. They are less than half the height of a layered tip to start with, and if I shape it to a nice round dome the curve practically reaches the ferrule. At 40/change + cost of the tip, it ends up costing me a lot more over time. Also I have a milk dud on one shaft and a Triangle on another and I honestly can't tell the difference. Triangles last a lot longer so Triangle > milk dud for me.