Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
John Schmidt has seven runs over 400. Is there any other straight pool player who comes close?
I've never heard a claim of anyone else running 400 or more as often as John. Including the 626, he now has these 8 (or 7*) runs of 400 or more:

626 -- 5/27/2019 at Easy Street Billiards in Monterey, CA. Ended with a miss on a combination shot after pocketing 10 balls in the 45th rack.​
490 -- 5/15/2019 at Easy Street Billiards. Ended with a miss on a difficult break shot for the 36th rack.​
464 -- 4/16/2019 at Bull Shooters Billiards & Sports Bar in Phoenix, AZ. Ended with a miss on a long, nearly straight shot after the break shot (made 2 balls) in the 34th rack.​
434* -- 12/3/2018 at Easy Street Billiards. Ended with a scratch (a massé-like turn of the cue ball) on the break shot for the 32nd rack. It appears that John touched an object ball with his finger as he lined up for ball #102 of this run, so some people feel this run ended at 101 rather than 434.​
421 -- 5/9/2019 at Easy Street Billiards. Ended on a jacked-up miss of the 2nd ball of the 31st rack.​
407 -- 11/(27±2)/2019 at Easy Street Billiards​
403 -- 10/13/2007 at Q-Master Billiards in Virginia Beach, VA​
400 -- 6/28/2004 at Hidden Pocket Billiards in Milton, FL​
[If anyone is certain of any other details on the 407, 403, or 400, please let us know. And let me know of any errors in the above info.]​

Last edited:

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Interesting!! Back on May 4, 2013, Danny Harriman posted that he had reached a new high run. Originally he thought it was 379 but then realized he had miscounted and it was 351 instead.

But he did post
"...This is the best Straight Pool I have ever played, the run was caught on camera and will be available for any fellow 14.1 players to view. As soon as I figure out how to market this I will, ...'

Not showing the video until they figure out how to market it must be a straight pool thing.
In keeping with the theme, the marketing and sales of it is documented as a minor train wreck on an older thread here somewhere.

Cuedup

The naysayers could actually go view the run if they wanted to. Then they could actually point to the foul they claim existed. However, they don't want to.

It would destroy their world view.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
The naysayers could actually go view the run if they wanted to. Then they could actually point to the foul they claim existed. However, they don't want to.

We been saying that for 2 yrs now, they refuse,
They'd have nothing to argue about on the interwebs if they did see it

Cuedup

Sorry, late to the show and wasn't aware it was well trodden ground.

So, basically, its a flat earther thread.

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
For those that may have missed it....

Congrats John, on a great accomplishment. 🥇

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Seems to me that on may 27, 2019, which was supposed to be the last day of attempts and after an 18 months string of approximately 1099 attempts to equal or break 526, and never having run more than a supposed 464 balls without missing, SUDDENLY, on the 1100th attempt, js finds the missing ingredient in his game and just blows by the 526 number and sets a new total hi-run of 626 or maybe it was 625, who knows, we don’t.
Do you believe in pure luck, or just a magic gear, or an overnight increase in skill and ability?
I’m not even from the show me state.
I never learned that dog trick, ‘roll over and play dead’. So, don’t ask.
Just more drivel from your yapper....it either happened or it didn't and so far all the evidence says it happened.

Cuedup

There is zero evidence that it didn't happen.

It happened. Its recorded, been viewed by many and certified by the professional organizations. Those that wish to see the historic event can go and not only watch the run but talk to the person that completed the amazing feat as they view it.

Hopefully there will be a viewing in my neck of the woods. I'll certainly go view the historic event.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John Schmidt has seven runs over 400. Is there any other straight pool player who comes close?

I believe Mosconi said he thought he'd run over 600 four times.

Several of the old-time players also had many high runs. Then of course there was Babe Cranfield's 768.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Well first off, I'm not exactly sure what is being shown at these presentations.

Is it the original unedited footage or something that's been edited, narrated, and maybe even has had inspirational music dubbed in? I dunno, do you? Besides all that, these kinds of showing are for entertainment purposes and are certainly not conducive to giving the run close scrutiny. So why bother?

In any case, my "world view" will be just fine.

Lou Figueroa

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Present that evidence or 🤬. Until THEN it never happened and never will be accepted as having happened.

its accepted by everyone THE NEW WORLD RECORD SIX HUNDRED AND TWENTY SIX BIG BALLS RAN CONSECUTIVELY
cept for less than a handful of guys

that boy aint right

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Present that evidence or 🤬. Until THEN it never happened and never will be accepted as having happened.
I am 100% fine with you never ever accepting it...your delusion is not my problem. Go sit on a street corner in your pajamas, sip a nice warm bottle of MD 20/20 and mumble about shaved slate and chalk wizzing near your head to whoever walks by....maybe they'll throw a few coins in your shinebox.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I am 100% fine with you never ever accepting it...your delusion is not my problem. Go sit on a street corner in your pajamas, sip a nice warm bottle of MD 20/20 and mumble about shaved slate and chalk wizzing near your head to whoever walks by....maybe they'll throw a few coins in your shinebox.
Yup, the entire world has accepted it other than a few Mosconi nut huggers. Funny, I still think Mosconi was the best that ever was and I have an autographed pic of him by my pool table at home.

Cal Ripken broke Lou Gehrig's record of most consecutive games played, over 14 years playing without missing a game. It takes skill to do it that long without being benched, ever, and you need dedication to keep playing almost every day even in the dog days of summers, playing with numerous bumps and bruises. And you need to be lucky, to never break something or have an injury serious enough to keep you out of the line up. And mental toughness as you closed in on the record.

Cal breaking the record did NOT diminish Gehrig's career in the least. And nobody, not Cal himself, will tell you he was a better player than Gehrig. And I'd better a million bucks JS does not believe himself better or even equal to Mosconi. So, not really sure what the concern is.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Boy hell, u racist macaroon.

Almond macaroon and coconut macaroon.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.