Older Pool Halls

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
The Chattanooga Billiards Club opened in the fall of 1982 in downtown Chattanooga on the second floor of a building on a one-way street with no parking and are still going strong. https://www.cbceast.com/ This has a tour.
I remember coming here for a couple weeks. Great place and some mighty good players. I picked up a Nick Varner cue they had on special there.

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
Most people just call it Wayne's place after the owners name. But an old faded sign out back once said Brunswick Billiards. It is a glass squares building right on main street with no sign.
Does it have an address?
Maybe it's a big secret and you don't want anyone to go there. I myself would love to find a cool location like that and visit.

So in the interest of time, I just google drove the whole way down main street in Cedartown until I found a glass squares place. If I walk into that door and there's a pool hall, I'd be pleasantly shocked.

Capture.JPG

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
Was in Huckory one time YEARS ago. All i remember is that everyone seemed to be related and if you said anything anti-NASCAR you were probably never seen alive again.
Haha, yeah I heard about it from a buddy down here in GA. And he said everyone and their Mom plays pool in that town. I didn't believe him at first..... until I went. Beautiful town, and that Saturday morning we got up and went to the local outdoor market, and everyone that was just playing pool the night before was there, buying groceries. It was the coolest place.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Haha, yeah I heard about it from a buddy down here in GA. And he said everyone and their Mom plays pool in that town. I didn't believe him at first..... until I went. Beautiful town, and that Saturday morning we got up and went to the local outdoor market, and everyone that was just playing pool the night before was there, buying groceries. It was the coolest place.
Probably stockin' up to go watch their favorite redneck drivin' in circles on the tv. ;)

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
It would be neat to have like a "cannonball run" type of event, but more like a "cue ball run" where a map is listed of all the old places we mentioned, and the places all agreed to have consecutive tournaments on weekends, all on a road map with a schedule.

People could stay or move on to the next place the next weekend. If you could'nt travel far, there would be a little stretch of an area that maybe you could participate in. I dunno👨‍💼

Logandgriff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm from Georgia and I generally have no hesitation about walking into any pool hall anywhere for the first time, but the look of that Cedartown pool hall scares me. The outside appearance (i.e. no signage whatsoever) suggests the place is not looking for more customers. Any reports about out-of-towners playing there?