Need help/info with 80's Josswest

Leonheart

Newbie here. I hope I'm in the right thread. I was wondering if anyone knows wether the butt cap of this Josswest is made of ivory

Attachments

• IMG_20201212_151039.jpg
    IMG_20201212_151039.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_20201212_151027.jpg
    IMG_20201212_151027.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_20201212_151135.jpg
    IMG_20201212_151135.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 121

wagdad

Yup, I'm that Guy.
Silver Member
In order to tell from a pic. you should try different light. It just looks white. Really bright LED light helps sometimes. Or a powerful blacklight. Usually ivory will have a cross hatched type of look to it from being cut round and vertical grain with slight color variations resulting in an almost swirl shape/pattern.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Real tough to tell from your pic

Bill would use IV if ordered by a customer, however, the vast majority of his cues did not have IV butt caps

Leonheart

In order to tell from a pic. you should try different light. It just looks white. Really bright LED light helps sometimes. Or a powerful blacklight. Usually ivory will have a cross hatched type of look to it from being cut round and vertical grain with slight color variations resulting in an almost swirl shape/pattern.

Ok I will try that. Thank you

Leonheart

Real tough to tell from your pic

Bill would use IV if ordered by a customer, however, the vast majority of his cues did not have IV butt caps
Ok thanks. The reason I asked is because I'm looking to sell this cue but I'm from north of the border. If it turns out to be Ivory then I have no choice but to wait until things open up and go to pool events or there maybe other ways of shipping that I do not know about.