OB Cues

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Got my popcorn ready to see what happens with OB Cues.

Just got a package from them with a few replacement shafts and two are good and one is not.

Check you stuff before sending out!

Going to be interesting with a new President steering the ship.

Cadillac J

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Just got a package from them with a few replacement shafts and two are good and one is not.

Check you stuff before sending out!

What is wrong with the shaft? and did you order directly from OB?

I have 2 OB Pro + shafts, a 29" & 30". They both play great, and among all the 'laminated' shafts made of puzzle pieces that I've tried, OB is probably my favorite of the bunch.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is wrong with the shaft? and did you order directly from OB?

I have 2 OB Pro + shafts, a 29" & 30". They both play great, and among all the 'laminated' shafts made of puzzle pieces that I've tried, OB is probably my favorite of the bunch.

If you’ve been on the forum for a while you know that unfortunately since royce died their quality and customer service has taken a dive :(

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a few issues

I had a few issues but they did make it right and my breaker and jumper both play great. I had some issues with the ferrules breaking but the office staff was extremely nice and good to work with.

sneakynito

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just saw that OB is a sponsor for the US Open 1p.
I probably missed some threads on it but I thought they closed shop awhile back?
They revitalized?

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Silent partner took control, flipped the product line over.

So funny!!!

The Original owner spent a chunk of his life researching, designing, developing and producing a quality product

Then new owners come in and Sh#t-can all that work...

Then come up with a "new" product line called low deflection AA glue shaft $159.99.

So I am out!!

Last edited:

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just saw that OB is a sponsor for the US Open 1p.
I probably missed some threads on it but I thought they closed shop awhile back?
They revitalized?
They did a bang up job advertising and scheduling those US Open events.

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
So funny!!!

The Original owner spent a chunk of his life researching, designing, developing and producing a quality product

Then new owners come in and Sh#t-can all that work...

Then come up with a "new" product line called low deflection AA glue shaft $159.99.

So I am out!!
No doubt.
Watched him work in that garage many times.

loggerhead12

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Hmm. Bought one of their CF shafts a couple of months ago. I got to try it right in their shop on my own cue. Love the thing.

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hmm. Bought one of their CF shafts a couple of months ago. I got to try it right in their shop on my own cue. Love the thing.

And that is great!

So please explain the low-deflection resin technology?

OB educated the public on their original technology. The consumer paid in "life time Warranty" based off of that.

Now the company dumps that in favor of...

If you look at most good products the manufacturer designs an item, then makes small improvements to the original design.

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I, for one, like to see an American company try to support pool. Good for them.
Heaven forbid they try to change their products and try something new. The same comments were made when companies first went to carbon fiber and we see how that turned out.
It's not surprising that pool has a hard time gaining traction when the people who play it constantly want to tear it down.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I playing with the maple ob1 Shaft with the Stacked Maple Ferrell. Everybody jumped on the bandwagon and said that it feels dead, it doesn't have a crisp hit, it's a piece of shit. I have even caught people saying it and never even had one in their hands.

I can tell you now that it is a very fine playing shaft. Yes, with a soft tip it doesn't have the feedback say the classic shaft. But what I did is put a hard tip on it. The combination of the hard tip and the dense ebony wood construction in the butt, forearm, and handle, really makes for a fine playing, fine feeling cue.

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I, for one, like to see an American company try to support pool. Good for them.
Heaven forbid they try to change their products and try something new. The same comments were made when companies first went to carbon fiber and we see how that turned out.
It's not surprising that pool has a hard time gaining traction when the people who play it constantly want to tear it down.

I am not tearing OB down, Quite the opposite. I have invested in OB products from the start (I have 6 OB Classic shafts for three cues, an OB cue butt and a Digi Cue Blue).

I support pool ( payed for streaming matches, payed for instruction, played in numerous tournaments, cash leagues and purchased many cases, tips, accessories and cues over my life).

As a customer I have the right to share my opinion (I have invested).

So when OB collapsed it was disappointing that the new owner dumped all the past products (it appears to be a manufacturing cost issue).

If OB's new products are an improvement over the old line then their marketing is poor. There is little explanation on the web site of the technology in the new versus the old.

I would support OB in the future if I was confident that they are doing right by the customer once again. My last experience was waiting months for a warranty repair and then the company changed owners.

So I am entitled to feel the way I do (not tearing anyone down). Just sharing my thoughts...

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The new owners also dropped my product which was selling very well. Over 8000 sold in a couple years.

I'm selling in small quantities myself to fill the gap.

loggerhead12

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
And that is great!

So please explain the low-deflection resin technology?

OB educated the public on their original technology. The consumer paid in "life time Warranty" based off of that.

Now the company dumps that in favor of...

If you look at most good products the manufacturer designs an item, then makes small improvements to the original design.

Hey, the O'Jays said you gotta give people what they want, and the people want $500 carbon fiber shafts.

I can't really tell you about the past. Things change, then they change again. This was an opportunity to buy a good product, keep my money in the US, and buy local.

The vibe was good. There was a steady stream of customers while I was there, looking at cues, picking up cues, dropping off cues. I got to try the actual shaft I bought, on my cue.

Their website is awful, granted. It definitely needs a makeover.