L R Ar pool scene

chuckg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will be moving to Austin Ar in 3 weeks or so.I have done a bit of internet searching and have found a few halls but most have 7 foot Diamonds. A couple of places in Little Rock have 1 or 2 nine footers.I really prefer big tables,won"t be playing 1 pocket on a bar box. I did see a place called Pop"s in a small town that looks promising. Are there any more hidden gems out there?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will be moving to Austin Ar in 3 weeks or so.I have done a bit of internet searching and have found a few halls but most have 7 foot Diamonds. A couple of places in Little Rock have 1 or 2 nine footers.I really prefer big tables,won"t be playing 1 pocket on a bar box. I did see a place called Pop"s in a small town that looks promising. Are there any more hidden gems out there?
https://www.kromebilliards.com/ 18 7ft's and 4 9ft's. All Diamonds.

chuckg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw that many places open at 5,closed on Sundays even. I am an older retired guy...like to play early.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Warehouse Billiards has 10 GC and 10 8' Brunswicks mostly recreational players a few action guys good parking and cheap drinks. The Grand has 8 GC, 8 8' Brunswicks and 4 Valley BB good parking, very friendly staff and good rates $5-$7hr. Skinny Bob's is the action house, host the Texas Open and well known by all the Pro's, they have GC's, Diamonds and a few BB, They all have larg leagues, both BCA and APA and I havent been to any of them this year yet, but I heard they are all non-smoking now and these are your best places.

If you need a road trip head to Houston, 2 1/2hrs away and you can get action at 20 differnt places, Bogies, Big Tymes, R Place, Legends, Clicks,
Fast Eddies, Slick Willies, Out Law Ray's, Rose Country, Dam'd If I Know, Bigg'es and lots of local bars. (spelling)

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
Warehouse Billiards has 10 GC and 10 8' Brunswicks mostly recreational players a few action guys good parking and cheap drinks. The Grand has 8 GC, 8 8' Brunswicks and 4 Valley BB good parking, very friendly staff and good rates $5-$7hr. Skinny Bob's is the action house, host the Texas Open and well known by all the Pro's, they have GC's, Diamonds and a few BB, They all have larg leagues, both BCA and APA and I havent been to any of them this year yet, but I heard they are all non-smoking now and these are your best places.

If you need a road trip head to Houston, 2 1/2hrs away and you can get action at 20 differnt places, Bogies, Big Tymes, R Place, Legends, Clicks,
Fast Eddies, Slick Willies, Out Law Ray's, Rose Country, Dam'd If I Know, Bigg'es and lots of local bars. (spelling)
Austin Arkansas, not Texas.
Tiny town NE of Little Rock.
Kromes is the best in the area imo.
The VFW in Ward has tournaments on Thurs I believe.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
I saw that many places open at 5,closed on Sundays even. I am an older retired guy...like to play early.
Maybe you can hook up a little part-time gig and work a few extended hours during the week in exchange for table time. :)

I'm sure Garczar's right about the COVID hours and I'd bet with 18 Diamond 7 footers (and only 4 9 footers) their hours of operation are loud at least 4 nights a week and they're only open 5.

I had a little place close by that had 2 8' footers and 8 7's. I HAD to be the first one there when they opened to make sure I got a 9 footer. Kinda sucked.