What the F is going on here?

Geosnookery

I played Cornhole at July 4th BBQ for the first time. After two games I got so bored.... A guy was watching me and was asking what I was doing when I started to spin the bag in the air to see if english works hahahahaha. Just to simple of a game for me but at least I tried it. Maybe someday we can get past the image problem in pool and get sponsors that are not related to the sport... I think we need to get more youth in the sport and try to get schools and colleges back involved on a wider scale. Hopefully more pro's teach more kids and care more about representing a better image especially when you never know who is streaming...
I watch 9 ball for 10 minutes and I get …,yawn…snore.

9 ball is like fishing. I enjoy doing both but zero desire to watch someone else. Give ‘me’ the rod or cue and I’m happy.

Cuedup

Of all the pool players I know very few watch pool but when they do its a Dr. Dave video.

They play pool for entertainment and watch pool for information on how to get better. They dont watch pool for entertainment because , in the format pool is being delivered in, it's not entertaining.

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
Once you advance far enough in cornhole you become eligible for the Toss-Across championships.

1625770421226.png

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ha! Ha! Us Georgia boys remember a different meaning for that too!
The first case of documented "corn holing" was done by a horny farmers daughter on a lonely Saturday night. From there the term changed meanings a few times.

dnschmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The weirdest thing I ever saw was on a business trip to France. There was only one English speaking channel on the TV and they were showing a darts tournament. The announcer had to be the best of all time in any sport. He made fucking darts seem like the most exciting sport on earth. ANOTHER BULL CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!!! No wonder Euros go nuts for the most boring game on earth: Soccer. They run up and down a field for two hours and it's Nill, Nill (they never say 0,0) and they're raving about what a great game it is. How to people watch this shit???

middleofnowhere

Registered
Of all the pool players I know very few watch pool but when they do its a Dr. Dave video.

They play pool for entertainment and watch pool for information on how to get better. They dont watch pool for entertainment because , in the format pool is being delivered in, it's not entertaining.
The big difference is watching pool live and feeling the whole experience, compaired to a two deminsional tv screen. A lot of players have never had that experience.

They have never sat in a pool room 3 am hardly able to keep their eyes open but scared to leave and miss something. I used to hang in one of the top action rooms in the country.

When there was action the place would be packed with eyeballers. Middle of the night and not a space in the parking lot. I remember Allen Hopkins was playing Steve Cook one pocket. My buddies and I drove 235 miles to sweat the action.

Top pool up close is the nuts.

Last edited:

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The weirdest thing I ever saw was on a business trip to France. There was only one English speaking channel on the TV and they were showing a darts tournament. The announcer had to be the best of all time in any sport. He made fucking darts seem like the most exciting sport on earth. ANOTHER BULL CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!!! No wonder Euros go nuts for the most boring game on earth: Soccer. They run up and down a field for two hours and it's Nill, Nill (they never say 0,0) and they're raving about what a great game it is. How to people watch this shit???

There's nothing so amusing as someone criticizing something about which they are completely ignorant.

dnschmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I admit to being completely ignorant about soccer but face the truth. If an alien came down from space and watched a basketball game and a soccer game I'm relatively certain he would prefer the non-stop action of basketball to want appears to be senselessly running around on a huge field with never scoring in soccer. I do like Hockey which is basically Soccer on steroids as it's fast action.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I admit to being completely ignorant about soccer but face the truth. If an alien came down from space and watched a basketball game and a soccer game I'm relatively certain he would prefer the non-stop action of basketball to want appears to be senselessly running around on a huge field with never scoring in soccer. I do like Hockey which is basically Soccer on steroids as it's fast action.

I have to admit, I've never been a fan of soccer either but it's all perspective. In some alternate universe there's a guy posting on a forum saying if aliens came to Earth they would surely much rather watch a game of soccer than that barbaric sport American Football! LOL.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
I played Cornhole at July 4th BBQ for the first time. After two games I got so bored.... A guy was watching me and was asking what I was doing when I started to spin the bag in the air to see if english works hahahahaha. Just to simple of a game for me but at least I tried it. Maybe someday we can get past the image problem in pool and get sponsors that are not related to the sport... I think we need to get more youth in the sport and try to get schools and colleges back involved on a wider scale. Hopefully more pro's teach more kids and care more about representing a better image especially when you never know who is streaming...

if you develop a physics based labs experiment and get a school book publisher and some easy to set up classroom mockups, that is how it starts.

a prek pool toy could be a cue and cue ball on a string.

middle school lab could be comparing and measure angles using a compass on a sphere to estimate length along curves.

the current educational products for prek to college allows for everything.

i plan to write childrens books for pool. This has been part of my research.

you have the right idea just make it a easy to try class experiment.

Buckzapper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd try cornhole, but I need a bigger platform for landing the bag. It has to be closer and a much larger hole.....sort of like a handicap. You get to use a 9 foot diamond with a 4" hole, from 12 feet away. I also have the new carbon fiber corn bag too. Hey, don't mess with me...see all the patches I won in league play? My team went to Vegas.

chenjy9

The big difference is watching pool live and feeling the whole experience, compaired to a two deminsional tv screen. A lot of players have never had that experience.

They have never sat in a pool room 3 am hardly able to keep their eyes open but scared to leave and miss something. I used to hang in one of the top action rooms in the country.

When there was action the place would be packed with eyeballers. Middle of the night and not a space in the parking lot. I remember Allen Hopkins was playing Steve Cook one pocket. My buddies and I drove 235 miles to sweat the action.

Top pool up close is the nuts.
League of Legends have the best hype announcers IMO

robertod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am surprised at all the comments my OP has generated. But I will go back to my original contention. You cannot tell me that cornhole is more interesting or is a more skilled game/sport than pool. The nuances in pool shot making are off the charts, while in cornhole it is basically one shot. Someone has mentioned that it is the presentation that makes or breaks it. We know form watching some matches with certain good commentators (J Jones comes to mind) we enjoy the match so much more. Pool needs to be cleaned up and presented with all the knowledge of the game. It is so much more interesting, more complex than other sports. It just needs to be presented as such. If pool is not as interesting as I see it than why are so many of us totally intrigued, fascinated, and baffled by it. I remember hearing Earl saying in one of the matches that he commented on that he hinted that he was sorry he was getting older and not able to preform on the level he was used because " there was so much more he could learn about the game." This is from one of the all time greats.

chenjy9

I am surprised at all the comments my OP has generated. But I will go back to my original contention. You cannot tell me that cornhole is more interesting or is a more skilled game/sport than pool. The nuances in pool shot making are off the charts, while in cornhole it is basically one shot. Someone has mentioned that it is the presentation that makes or breaks it. We know form watching some matches with certain good commentators (J Jones comes to mind) we enjoy the match so much more. Pool needs to be cleaned up and presented with all the knowledge of the game. It is so much more interesting, more complex than other sports. It just needs to be presented as such. If pool is not as interesting as I see it than why are so many of us totally intrigued, fascinated, and baffled by it. I remember hearing Earl saying in one of the matches that he commented on that he hinted that he was sorry he was getting older and not able to preform on the level he was used because " there was so much more he could learn about the game." This is from one of the all time greats.

You are speaking purely from the perspective of someone who enjoys the game. For casual viewers, corn hole is absolutely without a doubt far more interesting to watch than pool. Outside of those blatantly obvious high level shots (extreme spins, multiple rail kicks/banks, jumps, trick shots, etc) watching pool on TV for most part is about as interesting as watching paint dry. Before I got into pool, I would rather watch shuffleboard than pool. Even now, I easily pick basketball or football or even baseball over pool on TV.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Custom cornhole boards. Guy does not make them anymore.

He had just moved to the area, was a homebuilder and made cornhole boards as a hobby when he had time. These are built like a tank and pretty heavy. They are apart here, but they fit perfectly together and have a latch. Corners are reinforced with metal on the outside for when you bump into things moving them. Legs have independent adjustment with a level built-into the horizontal cross bar. There is storage for the bags built in underneath. I don't recall seeing anything close to this when I was looking for a set of boards.

View attachment 601110
Because he got cease and stop from NFL's Lawyers, because they are not official NFL Merchandise?

Geosnookery

Hope you’re not American and watch baseball. There’s a reason it’s less popular than soccer, cricket, field hockey and table tennis …I tried to watch baseball a couple times and ..best not to think about it as I’ll fall asleep.

chenjy9

Hope you’re not American and watch baseball. There’s a reason it’s less popular than soccer, cricket, field hockey and table tennis …I tried to watch baseball a couple times and ..best not to think about it as I’ll fall asleep.

And this is with baseball having the label of "America's Pastime" as a crutch too. Now watching baseball live however, especially in a playoffs type environment... totally different story!