OMEGA CUE CASE VS JB CUE CASE-

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well it was nice to see all the info JBCases posted.

Watch and get a free education.

John & staff makes Pool Cue Cases that provide protection.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
If you would like to BET HIGH (me saying "stupid" stuff) That I can damage a cue in an Acme case FAR EASIER than in a JB Case I have some money saved up for such a test.
I wrote that your case protects better than the Acme.
That should have been the end of it but it's you so...

I wrote that for storage purposes it make no difference which brand case one uses. True story.
Hanging cues is better than storing in a case -regardless of who made the case. True story.
I wrote that I have used all brands of cases from high to low end and never had a cue damaged or saved by my case. True story.

On a side note, I applaud your support of the pool streams we all enjoy.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Steve Pisener aka Tikkler had a Cue Collection he stored in case designed & buit by John Barton. GTF’s sold by Indy.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Steve Pisener aka Tikkler had a Cue Collection he stored in case designed & buit by John Barton. GTF’s sold by Indy.
My custom cues hang right behind my gun safe.
My extra shafts are in an Instroke I had rebuilt by a leatherworker.
JB makes a good case, I never denied that.
I personally will never buy one for reasons I'd rather not write here.
To each his own.
I have two buddies with JB cases (one is completely custom), and they seem to like them.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I wrote that your case protects better than the Acme.
That should have been the end of it but it's you so...
Yes you did and you wrote a bunch more.

I wrote that for storage purposes it make no difference which brand case one uses.

That isn't true. Some cases are much better for storage than others.

True story.
Hanging cues is better than storing in a case -regardless of who made the case.
There is no evidence of this. But even so it has no bearing on the topic when the topic is about cue cases which will be used for transporting cues mostly.

True story.
I wrote that I have used all brands of cases from high to low end and never had a cue damaged or saved by my case. True story.

And that is great. And is a personal story.

On a side note, I applaud your support of the pool streams we all enjoy.
Thank you. I try to give support where we can.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
My custom cues hang right behind my gun safe.
My extra shafts are in an Instroke I had rebuilt by a leatherworker.
JB makes a good case, I never denied that.
I personally will never buy one for reasons I'd rather not write here.
To each his own.
I have two buddies with JB cases (one is completely custom), and they seem to like them.
The reasons are likely that I am kind of a jerk sometimes and possibly because our cases are made in China since you mentioned "Chinese cases" in your initial post.

What I got from your initial post is that the quality and protection levels in cue cases don't matter. What you did say is that someone would have to be stupid to have a cue damaged while in a case.

I addressed exactly what you did say and you didn't answer my questions.

I have no problem with you giving your opinions. I can disagree and state why just the same. The difference between us is that I am an expert case maker. I have seen a lot of cues that were damaged because of badly made cases.

So I make cases to prevent damage to the cues while they are in a JB case. That's all. Not everyone is as careful as you. Not everyone is as situationally aware as you. Not everyone wants to be. I make cases for those people.

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
As happens many times the thread went off on a tangent. The OP didn't ask why they should buy a JB case to store their cues in the closet. The OP had a simple question of what is the difference between the two cases. This is an understandable question since Omega/Acme make their case look just like a JB case. Superficially they have the appearance of being the same.

If your worried about saving a few bucks then save it all and don't buy any case. They are not going any where so just hang them in the closet as one poster mentioned, or put them up on a shelf wrapped up in towels or inside cardboard tubes. Personally I don't want to hide them, I built a display in my living room so they are safe and I can see them.

If they are going out of the house then you can bet mine will be in one of JB's cases. I think the OP's question has been more than sufficiently answered between JB's videos and the general consensus of the posters that the JB cases are superior in quality and protection.

Conclusion:
For storage, or if you don't really care what happens to your cues, use/not use what you want.
For transporting cues you care about, clearly put them in a JB case.

My thoughts on a tangent topic, I find it odd that people are more offended by John Barton, than the companies like Acme. Yes he can be a bit abrasive and combative, but as a past business owner I can relate. He and his family financially depend on the success of his company. Any attack on his business is an attack on his family. Obviously from his posts and videos he is passionate and proud of what he has created. I think some people mistake his passion for arrogance. The majority of people seem to think he has a quality product. I guess it's the squeaky wheel that gets the attention. JB exposes every detail of his cases and backs it up with a guarantee. People should be mad at these silent companies that are blatantly trying to deceive us with an inferior product. If it wasn't a deception they wouldn't go through the trouble of making only the parts you can see look like a JB case.

I'm not going to give my money to a company I know is lying to me or just thinks I'm stupid. I like to save money as much as anyone. Quality is of value to me, and for some things it's worth the extra bucks to get the quality I want so I can be happy the day I get it and for years to come.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Was and apprently there are some German Made Instroke that are good, to John credit, or shame, Instoke is not like it was

Many Faux Instroke Cases, but time changes stuff.
Actually, Instroke cases are just as good as they always have been. I have a JB custom case and 3 Instrokes cases. Instroke cases are indestructible. One is a strictly for storage, and the other two for using.

But, I really don't like the little "feet" on the bottom as they suck on hard floors..... so you have to add some rubber to them. Their straps suck too but other than that, well worth the money. Be nice if they ever addressed these "flaws" but good value for the money.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually, Instroke cases are just as good as they always have been. I have a JB custom case and 3 Instrokes cases. Instroke cases are indestructible. One is a strictly for storage, and the other two for using.

But, I really don't like the little "feet" on the bottom as they suck on hard floors..... so you have to add some rubber to them. Their straps suck too but other than that, well worth the money. Be nice if they ever addressed these "flaws" but good value for the money.
I've been a big fan of JB Cases since John started making them, and continue to be today. Best case imo!

Scott Lee

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
I'm not going to give my money to a company I know is lying to me or just thinks I'm stupid. I like to save money as much as anyone. Quality is of value to me, and for some things it's worth the extra bucks to get the quality I want so I can be happy the day I get it and for years to come.
Some good points in this post.

First, my idea of "storage" is cues in a case placed in a closet. Apparently another popular definition of "storage" is cues in a case bouncing around in the truck of a car with no springs or shocks. In this case yes, the case matters.

As for someone lying to people, I feel it is equally disingenuous to outsource your production to China while posting pictures of yourself draped in the American flag. This may give people the impression that the products are made in America. I'm not saying JB is lying, however. He used to have a live feed on which customers could watch the little ladies building his cases (feed may still be there for all I know/care).

Lastly, in true John fashion, he extrapolated my comment to imply everyone who wants to keep their cues safe is stupid in my eyes. I named two specific instances in which the owner may not be the sharpest tool in the shed.

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
1625986271629.png

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I've been a big fan of JB Cases since John started making them, and continue to be today. Best case imo!

Scott Lee
I got one too. The case I sue the most because it's lighter than the instrokes. But, when going places that I don't want to lug the JB, I bring an instroke because it's all black with stickers all over it and does not look very enticing to thieves ;)

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Some good points in this post.

First, my idea of "storage" is cues in a case placed in a closet. Apparently another popular definition of "storage" is cues in a case bouncing around in the truck of a car with no springs or shocks. In this case yes, the case matters.

As for someone lying to people, I feel it is equally disingenuous to outsource your production to China while posting pictures of yourself draped in the American flag. This may give people the impression that the products are made in America. I'm not saying JB is lying, however. He used to have a live feed on which customers could watch the little ladies building his cases (feed may still be there for all I know/care).

Lastly, in true John fashion, he extrapolated my comment to imply everyone who wants to keep their cues safe is stupid in my eyes. I named two specific instances in which the owner may not be the sharpest tool in the shed.
Wtf? I have one picture of me with an American flag and my Chinese wife with a Chinese flag.

I joined the united States Air Force in order to defend the freedom that is promised in the United States constitution. That freedom means I can marry who I want to, live in whatever nation I want to that allows me and represent my nation when I want to.

See I knew that this was a "nationalism" thing with you from the comment you made in your first post.

I have never ever misrepresented where my cases are made. Never.

Playing the China card is BS and you know it. That image of myself and my wife was taken when were going to get married to symbolize peace and love between our countries represented at least by two people who love each other.

That image has never been on my business website. You're really reaching for the knock here. Not sure how anyone could ever come to the conclusion you have without a major agenda in mind.

FB_IMG_1626067827021.jpg

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
The case doesn't protect my cues, I do.
I could keep them in a camping chair bag and they would be safe if I'm careful.
Storage cases do not need to be the best Chinese case out there, they can be any brand imho -just treat them well.

All my good cues hang together and only the extra shafts are in a case for storage (a rebuilt/modified Instroke). I've had many brands from Giuseppe all the way up to a Whitten (USA), and all my cues are fine. Never had one damaged by my case in >25 yrs.
No doubt a JB is better made than an Acme, but I've never screwed up badly enough to need my case to protect my cues.
If you're dumb enough to open the case upside down or drop it down a flight of stairs, you deserve what you get.
You can explain to the readers what you "meant".

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

One of the reasons I started JB Cases was to address the issues that I was prevented from improving when I owned Instroke.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
One of the reasons I started JB Cases was to address the issues that I was prevented from improving when I owned Instroke.
You owned the company and the owner would not let you make changes? I would have loved to see that argument in person ;)

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Wtf? I have one picture of me with an American flag and my Chinese wife with a Chinese flag.

I joined the united States Air Force in order to defend the freedom that is promised in the United States constitution. That freedom means I can marry who I want to, live in whatever nation I want to that allows me and represent my nation when I want to.

See I knew that this was a "nationalism" thing with you from the comment you made in your first post.

Playing the China card is BS and you know it. That image of myself and my wife was taken when were going to get married to symbolize peace and love between our countries represented at least by two people who love each other.

That image has never been on my business website. You're really reaching for the knock here. Not sure how anyone could ever come to the conclusion you have without a major agenda in mind.

View attachment 601881

Like the photo, and your honesty John Barton, you& your company do a lot to support Pool. Few people give you credit that is over due. THANKS.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

View attachment 601881
Can we at least agree that she’s way too good for you?

😁