Places to play in Kalamazoo, MI

belvederebill1

Registered
I saw this was asked back in 2012. Well all of the recommended placed are gone. I'm heading up there at the end of the month and looking for a place with good equipment. Any recommendations would be helpful!! I have a place south of Kalamazoo but I'm willing to make the drive for some good tables.

oilheadoug

Registered
I saw this was asked back in 2012. Well all of the recommended placed are gone. I'm heading up there at the end of the month and looking for a place with good equipment. Any recommendations would be helpful!! I have a place south of Kalamazoo but I'm willing to make the drive for some good tables.
Looks like Comstock Billiards (5301 Comstock Ave, Kalamazoo, MI 49048) is the only place in town with 9 foot tables. I went to college in Kalamazoo many years ago, but I have no experience with this pool hall.

belvederebill1

Registered
Looks like Comstock Billiards (5301 Comstock Ave, Kalamazoo, MI 49048) is the only place in town with 9 foot tables. I went to college in Kalamazoo many years ago, but I have no experience with this pool hall.
Yea I saw that place on line. Thanks it doesn't look bad. I will give it a try. Hopefully others will chime in with a couple more. I saw a bowling alley with a few 8's but we all know how those tables get treated.

glfgd82

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yea I saw that place on line. Thanks it doesn't look bad. I will give it a try. Hopefully others will chime in with a couple more. I saw a bowling alley with a few 8's but we all know how those tables get treated.
Comstock is.....unique. Keep an open mind, they have mostly valleys and then a couple diamonds. Equipment is cared for, it just doesn't look like a building that houses a pool hall when you pull in lol.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Campus Q in benton harbor, not sure how many 9'ers are left, I heard probably at least 7 or 8. It was one of those poolrooms built back when brunswick started pushing them. Think it's geared more towards league pool now 7'

belvederebill1

Registered
Campus Q in benton harbor, not sure how many 9'ers are left, I heard probably at least 7 or 8. It was one of those poolrooms built back when brunswick started pushing them. Think it's geared more towards league pool now 7'
I googled this place and it looks promising. The pictures show a lot of 9' and 7' tables. Only problem is the distance from where I'm staying. Thanks Jason for helping and I will keep this place on my list to visit. But I'm still looking for places in or near Kalamazoo.