Diamond Professional Assembly

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did a quick search and haven't found it posted here on AZ. It's a long video, but worth the watch for someone buying one. There are a few skips in procedures, but fairly complete.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did a quick search and haven't found it posted here on AZ. It's a long video, but worth the watch for someone buying one. There are a few skips in procedures, but fairly complete.

This is why its not cheap to have a table done right.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At 50:37, he talks about the canvas pliers he uses. Slatemaster.com? The site doesn't seem to exist. I cant seem to find any locking type pliers like he is using.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, I have a pair of those. But they don't have the pull tab on top, and they don't have the serrated gripping surface to keep the cloth from slipping like normal canvas pliers do....
Screenshot_20210729-093646_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20210729-094204_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Last edited:

chenjy9

I am surprised RCK hasn't chimed in yet, but he should know. The guy that did my Simonis installation used something similar.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That could work. Two pieces on one side, one on the other. I just figured I could pick up a pair for 20 bucks and not go through the trouble.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
home depot i think about $30ish. they are double hinged and DO NOT lock!

Locking pliers are not conducive for me, having to unlock them every time is not my style.

i used skateboard grip tap on the insides of the paddles! Jamie Pluta in Minnesota taught me this one about 5 years ago! thanks Jamie!

TFT

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 51

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
home depot i think about $30ish. they are double hinged and DO NOT lock!

Locking pliers are not conducive for me, having to unlock them every time is not my style.

i used skateboard grip tap on the insides of the paddles! Jamie Pluta in Minnesota taught me this one about 5 years ago! thanks Jamie!

TFT
The double hinge is interesting. Should give good gripping power. I'll check them out.

Last edited: