Cue tech chairs

Nyquil

Saw these in a SVB vid. Anyone know where I can find these for sale?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210830-222457_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210830-222457_Chrome.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 203

WGDave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saw these in a SVB vid. Anyone know where I can find these for sale?
They look like normal directors chairs with the Cuetec logo embroidered into the cloth. He probably got them directly from Cuetec being he is sponsored by them.

They look like an affordable way to increase seating, and they will fold up when not in use.

Nyquil

Ya I dig them for this reason. I did look at some director chairs online thru Amazon they got mixed reviews maybe I'll just give a random set a shot. I don't really care about the logo....

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those things are uncomfortable as hell to sit in.
Absolutely right -- directors chairs are (IMO) a total waste of money for a pool situation at any price. Here's the kind you want Nyquil and believe it or not these are very fair prices in today's market:
https://www.barstoreusa.com/products/ram-game-room-spectator-chair-spec?currency=USD&variant=26968827657&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjwpreJBhDvARIsAF1_BU3V6cYjtuLw17Etu9RZOd49Yk2ZRuKBhw67njW4eSFEQEkb5P_NPIoaAhvHEALw_wcB

And these as well:
https://monsterbreakbilliard.com/deluxe-spectator-chair-chocolate/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwpreJBhDvARIsAF1_BU17vF2w2Qc5nsKGv8wkLYHGzw_PcTOf5XmLRpCgwwIBUqHMWu4yWjQaAjw6EALw_wcB

Arnaldo ~ You can find ones that are beefier and more plush at prices that are double or triple these, but these will definitely serve just as well as any pricier ones. If you have any friends or guests who are close to 300 lbs or more, that's a different matter. Another very important factor is that your chairs feature a foot rest; it's very beneficial to be able to re-position your leg muscles and knees joints (very definition of the word "rest") from time-to-time during extended sessions of our essentially standing sport. Directors chairs -- along with all their other downsides -- don't avail you of that resting/re-positioning opportunity. All spectators chairs -- like those suggested above -- have foot rests. I always added dark, or transparent replaceable scuff strips to the top of mine and changed them every couple of years (the rests get a lot of normal wear -- especially in winter months).

Last edited:

Nyquil

Thanks for the feedback lads. I didn't know the director chairs were uncomfortable. I do have a set of diamond chairs. These chairs would be back up chairs for extra guests. The link above has some solid ones indeed but something I could fold up would be useful.

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Excellent find in every respect, Dave now that Nyq has supplied a better perspective on the use he intends them for.

And the depicted ones in your Amazon find would be far more comfortable (and healthful) than back-less stools or dicey directors chairs that can be spine-ruinous in the long run. (Actually very risky for folks with back problems.)

As a not very funny aside on the topic of folding, I'll mention the fact that tons of used directors chairs are on the market in Hywd now that so many independent film companies and some studios have folded -- gone out of business -- due to the wide toll Covid sickness and its real dangers have afflicted upon above- and below-the-line talent, staff and crews necessarily collaborating intensely and closely indoors, in the normal up-close-and-personal filming activities. Also makes the requisite project-related insurance more problematic, resulting in investor hesitancy.

Arnaldo

Last edited:

WGDave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ya this would work. Nice find!
Glad to help.

If you can do away with the folding requirement, then I'd go with something with a little wider seat for more ass comfort. Better for the back, too.

Something like these.

Nyquil

Excellent find in every respect, Dave now that Nyq has supplied a better perspective on the use he intends them for.

And the depicted ones in your Amazon find would be far more comfortable (and healthful) than back-less stools or dicey directors chairs that can spine-ruinous in the long run. (Actually very risky for folks with back problems.)

As a not very funny aside on the topic of folding, I'll mention the fact that tons of used directors chairs are on the market in Hywd now that so many independent film companies and some studios have folded -- gone out of business -- due to the wide toll Covid sickness and its real dangers have afflicted upon above-and below-the-line talent, staff and crews necessarily collaborating intensely and closely indoors, in the normal up-close-and-personal filming activities. Also makes the requisite project-related insurance more problematic, resulting in investor hesitancy.

Arnaldo

I thought you originally speaking about the "adult" industry. Ya that makes sense for the industry as a whole.

SlateMan

Registered
This thread inspired me to check out Craigslist. I picked these Chic-Teak chairs up for $250 for the pair. Best yet, they matched my Brunswick sign/ball holder.

Chic Teak Chairs.png