Moving A Table

wayneswhiting

So where I live we have three 9 foot Connellys and a Connelly snooker table. The poker players also use the same room and they complained of not enough room. They therefore moved one table about a foot too close to the neighboring table. If the cue ball is on the rail on the neighboring table, you almost have to sit on the adjacent table to make a good stance.

My question is can the table be moved back about a foot without disassembling it and risk damaging the slates?

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's probably already out of level from the first move. It would be best to hire a mechanic to come out and move it back and level it. That is if the poker players aren't going to move it again.

wayneswhiting

It's probably already out of level from the first move. It would be best to hire a mechanic to come out and move it back and level it. That is if the poker players aren't going to move it again.
I believe it was moved the first time by a mechanic and then leveled. Leveling is not my concern, but damaging the slate somehow if six guys just lift it and move it a foot?

lgherb

Registered
When I was renovating my basement, I used a floor jack and put one of these under each leg so I could roll my GC I table around depending on what area I needed to work on. Once I was finished, I jacked up each end of the table and took the dollies out from beneath each leg then had a mechanic come out and re-level the table.

These are 1,000 pound capacity each and are $12 a piece. "Chock the wheels" on each end when raising or lowering with the floor jack

Well worth not having someone throw their back out or having someone accidentally drop the table and damage it.

But to answer your question...as long as the "6 guys" don't drop the table you can probably move it without damaging it.

lgherb

Registered
I want to add...the weight of the table with the slate will want push against the jack with all of the forces associated with physics, so make sure you have a couple of guys to help put the casters under each leg while someone applies adequate force on the jack to prevent it from moving before you lower the table onto the dollies.

hJFOUWe.jpg

lgherb

Registered
Last thing to add...I am NOT a mechanic, so if a professional advises against this listen to them instead of listening to this idiot. :)