Diamond pro am questions

219Dave

Pool is my therapy
Silver Member
Hey guys. Got divorced during the pandemic and moving to a new house. Can only fit a 7 footer. Almost definitely going Diamond pro-am.

I like the rosewood finish. Simonis tournament blue 860.

1. I like the look of maple over oak. Any downside to it, other than additional cost? Is it less durable?

2. I’ve read here that the cushions are different on the 7 foot model. Diamond black or something instead of artemis. Should I consider special ordering the artemis?

Some background: I’m a super average player. Used to play league. This is just to play at home, by myself and with buddies. Don’t play tournaments or league anymore, so no need to match up table with where I play out. Also not interested in “7 foot pool sucks” comments. It’s what I can fit, and it is all fun to me!

I’m in Munster, Indiana, 35 minutes to Chicago. Thinking of going with Manning cues for purchase, but open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the look of maple 1000 times better than oak, but that is personal preference. As a long time woodworker since I was a kid, I'd say maple is actually more durable than oak. The grain structure is way tighter, and the pores are closed. This leads to a smoother finish, and a better look, IMO.

If I were to get a Diamond, I'd definitely choose maple over oak. Also true if you want a painted finish. The paint will be smoother on maple than oak.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just for giggles, Brunswick also has a new contender in the 7' commercial space, if you are so inclined. $5700 for the non-bill collector version.

219Dave

Pool is my therapy
Silver Member
Just for giggles, Brunswick also has a new contender in the 7' commercial space, if you are so inclined. $5700 for the non-bill collector version.

Thanks! I was just discussing that in the thread about Johnny Archer’s new bar/pool hall. I will check those out as well.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I’m in Munster, Indiana, 35 minutes to Chicago. Thinking of going with Manning cues for purchase, but open to suggestions.
Your LOCAL Diamond Dealer would likely be best! Since Manning Cues is based out of CANADA, why would a resident of Indiana like yourself, buy a Diamond pool table that is made in your state, from a Canadian Diamond Dealer? Diamond factory installers are who show up when you order from Manning... Always confuses me why Diamond is the ONLY manufacturer that doesn't sell its own product on their own website??? What do I know, yup, I ain't at the top, I just watch and LISTEN!! :)

TFT

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Thanks! I was just discussing that in the thread about Johnny Archer’s new bar/pool hall. I will check those out as well.
Here are the spec sheets for the new GC COIN OP!

Attachments

• e4add54004065c861d470a812b8bef1a3fad9b09-1.jpg
    e4add54004065c861d470a812b8bef1a3fad9b09-1.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 1f5fbc0da2adde697d11a2feac891f01ef4dbc31-1.jpg
    1f5fbc0da2adde697d11a2feac891f01ef4dbc31-1.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 92

219Dave

Pool is my therapy
Silver Member
I’ll call around on prices. As far as maple vs oak- any more opinions?

And Trent- we talked on the phone a couple weeks ago. Do you have any tables now? Deliver to 46321 zip? I can be flexible on delivery time. Haven’t closed yet.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I’ll call around on prices. As far as maple vs oak- any more opinions?

And Trent- we talked on the phone a couple weeks ago. Do you have any tables now? Deliver to 46321 zip? I can be flexible on delivery time. Haven’t closed yet.
Small world Dave! I dont know your screen name on here :) I do not have any 7's on hand right now... :(

I like the Black Lacquer Oak!

TFT

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
Your LOCAL Diamond Dealer would likely be best! Since Manning Cues is based out of CANADA, why would a resident of Indiana like yourself, buy a Diamond pool table that is made in your state, from a Canadian Diamond Dealer? Diamond factory installers are who show up when you order from Manning... Always confuses me why Diamond is the ONLY manufacturer that doesn't sell its own product on their own website??? What do I know, yup, I ain't at the top, I just watch and LISTEN!! :)

TFT
Viking Cues told me I’ll need to pay full price from them for cues. If I want a discount go to a dealer in my area. Imagine that. But it makes sense at the same time. That’s helping support businesses that aren’t doing as good as they used to. And Diamond is made what “by players. For players” so why wouldn’t they want to help those that help the game.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Viking Cues told me I’ll need to pay full price from them for cues. If I want a discount go to a dealer in my area. Imagine that. But it makes sense at the same time
They do not compete or undercut the business’ that sell their products.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Viking Cues told me I’ll need to pay full price from them for cues. If I want a discount go to a dealer in my area. Imagine that. But it makes sense at the same time. That’s helping support businesses that aren’t doing as good as they used to. And Diamond is made what “by players. For players” so why wouldn’t they want to help those that help the game.
Its funny, i question the guy and not knowing we already talked about a Diamond! He is local to my Toledo business! I live in FLA mostly and still maintain my business up there :)

TFT

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Let me see the cost. It’s possible to buy Bwick tables a little back of retail sometimes. Not always but I’ll PM you the number. I’m not selling anything-this is a favor.

Best
Fatboy
I also sell the new Brunswick Coin Op 7'! There will be more in stock soon! Comes with or with out the pay option.

Attachments

• e4add54004065c861d470a812b8bef1a3fad9b09-1.jpg
    e4add54004065c861d470a812b8bef1a3fad9b09-1.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 1f5fbc0da2adde697d11a2feac891f01ef4dbc31-1.jpg
    1f5fbc0da2adde697d11a2feac891f01ef4dbc31-1.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 59

Hoogaar

Registered
Thinking of going with Manning cues for purchase, but open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance!
I bought a Littman light from Manning. Amazing people to deal with. I would have no problem recommending them to anyone. Super responsive and friendly.

Hoogaar

Registered
Are you happy with the light? I am considering a Littman light as well.
I love it. I have a 9' table and a bunch of different wood stains in my basement, so I went with the 8'X1' in "Ruby Red" and it's great. I've never used the Diamond one so can't speak to how it compares to that, but compared to my regular pendant light I had, it's amazing. Lights up the table as well as anything, looks beautiful (I like that it's quite a bit less "bulky" than the Diamond), and compared to the old light - it opens up the room. Seems obvious now, but had not considered that - but not having the light hanging at eye level is amazing.

Attachments

• rsIMG_0832 (1).jpg
    rsIMG_0832 (1).jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 97
  • rsIMG_0833 (1).jpg
    rsIMG_0833 (1).jpg
    190 KB · Views: 100