SVB to Kick Off High Run Attempts

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if you want to be legit. than post it where all the people can see it and not just facebook members which shuts out everyone else.

Looks like the posts and videos on that Facebook page are public. Meaning you shouldn't need to be a member or make an account to see them.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if you want to be legit. than post it where all the people can see it and not just facebook members which shuts out everyone else.

and say who you are and what you are doing. be transparent.
i know who some of who you are talking about, but using initials of people and screen names does nothing for a promotion.

svb, bc, lbp page, ascp, remember one doesnt always know what you know.

Sorry, but as you can see, just in this short thread, there is a strong negative vibe from some quarters that we would like to avoid.

In a perfect world it would be out in the wild but that’s not where we live so there needs to be some attempt to maintain civility.

That’s all it is.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ll check the FB link.

Lou Figueroa
traveling with just
an iPhone

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very cool. I was initially unsure whether the event would produce a new record given the limited time frame each player has. But after seeing the runs that have been produced at the American 14.1 on diamond tables, I suspect we will see monster runs. At least over 500.

Cameron, thank you for the positivity amongst the circling vultures : -)

Lou Figueroa

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are referring to me maybe you should tune into our page and videos and also recent commentary. I've been wanting to put together an event for 20 years. It's OK as we figured there would be negative feedback with some people but it's OK as I've supported pool my whole life and never been selfish and only thought about myself like many others.
This is a great opportunity to help our dying sport so I would hope you and others would make more positive comments.
No bad vibes from me to you. I look forward to seeing some long runs.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
for me it says log in or create an account.

and anyway i dont get info from facebook and am not alone on that.

and when facing acronyms i dont know i tend to just pass that conversation. why bother.
is it too hard to type at least in the first mention the persons name. or the name of the organization, or whatever you are talking about?

i knew mosconi and knew about his high run. some things others never might have known and went to his grave. but expect to have it broken offically sometime. but have no idea on how it would be done, except in a regulated event of some kind.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bobby, I hope your event goes exceedingly well, and meets all your expectations!
An event like yours is good for our sport!

Will Prout
And that about sums it up...no fluff necessary.

I don't need to remind those above me that pool has continually shit its bed.

Bobby has been an enthusiatic proponent of 14.1 and IMO, the top player of the game in the mid Atlantic, for a loooong time.

I'm looking forward to the party.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry, but as you can see, just in this short thread, there is a strong negative vibe from some quarters that we would like to avoid.

In a perfect world it would be out in the wild but that’s not where we live so there needs to be some attempt to maintain civility.

That’s all it is.

Lou Figueroa
No dog in the fight (really) but your statement above doesn't make sense. You're afraid to promote it "in the wild" because some people are going to criticize the endeavor? Furthermore, if someone makes a negative comment in your stream chat they will be banned? Wow...Communism much? I'm pretty sure if promoted properly the naysayers would be the minority. I think the need for a "secret handshake" only fuels their fire. If the intentions are true, no need to lurk in the shadows. A venue with a free stream for top players in the world to attempt personal best 14.1 high runs and possibly break 626? Ummm...yes please. A venue with free stream for top players in the world to attempt personal best 14.1 high runs in an attempt to discredit 626? Ummm...no thanks. IMO, announcements of the venture should have been withheld until all the pieces were in place and ready for public release: Format, Venue Location, Players, Purse and Payouts, etc., etc. John should also get an invite regardless of any personal issues between him and the promoter(s). As a pool fan, I hope this goes off without a hitch and someone runs 700. As a business person, something seems "off".

Last edited:

joninnorfolk

Account was hacked - Pending verification
Silver Member
Where was JS at the American 14.1 Championships that ended today? Seems to me a guy who can run 625 balls and many over 300 and 400 should have way the best of it since the highest run at this event was a little over 200.

According to facebook posts, he had a surgery on a hand and is recovering from it.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member

It's akin to the mccreery champion of champions tournament not inviting the current champion of champions back for the second tournament because of federation feuds, pretty silly looking.
If you would look at post 13 you should get some answers but then again Babe Cranfield passed away many years ago.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No dog in the fight (really) but your statement above doesn't make sense. You're afraid to promote it "in the wild" because some people are going to criticize the endeavor? Furthermore, if someone makes a negative comment in your stream chat they will be banned? Wow...Communism much? I'm pretty sure if promoted properly the naysayers would be the minority. I think the need for a "secret handshake" only fuels their fire. If the intentions are true, no need to lurk in the shadows. A venue with a free stream for top players in the world to attempt personal best 14.1 high runs and possibly break 626? Ummm...yes please. A venue with free stream for top players in the world to attempt personal best 14.1 high runs in an attempt to discredit 626? Ummm...no thanks. IMO, announcements of the venture should have been withheld until all the pieces were in place and ready for public release: Format, Venue Location, Players, Purse and Payouts, etc., etc. John should also get an invite regardless of any personal issues between him and the promoter(s). As a pool fan, I hope this goes off without a hitch and someone runs 700. As a business person, something seems "off".

It makes total sense in today’s environment.

We live in a world filled with social media trolls and, regrettably, people need to take precautions to keep discussions civil. That is as it is and it is not communism, it is a private FB page and if you don’t care for the rules and conditions you can find somewhere else to spend your time. That’s where your freedom of choice kicks in.

And, it is being promoted properly and yet, as you can see just in this thread, there’s plenty of negativity to go around.

Anywhos, we’re going how we’re going. Thanks for the PR advise though.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's akin to the mccreery champion of champions tournament not inviting the current champion of champions back for the second tournament because of federation feuds, pretty silly looking.

We haven’t started the event yet so we can’t invite anyone back.

JS ran his own event and invited exactly: no one. Regardless, his event has nothing to do with ours. BC has been wanting to do something like this for 20 years.

Lou Figueroa

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It makes total sense in today’s environment.

We live in a world filled with social media trolls and, regrettably, people need to take precautions to keep discussions civil. That is as it is and it is not communism, it is a private FB page and if you don’t care for the rules and conditions you can find somewhere else to spend your time. That’s where your freedom of choice kicks in.

And, it is being promoted properly and yet, as you can see just in this thread, there’s plenty of negativity to go around.

Anywhos, we’re going how we’re going. Thanks for the PR advise though.

Lou Figueroa
I'm not sure why you let negativity affect your go to market strategy. You could launch a Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream Tour and you'd still get a fair amount of negativiety; puppies chew on things and ice cream melts. What flavor?

The negativity could be spouting because those that are promoting it have voiced (pretty loudly) 626 is a sham. Perhaps that's why folks think there may be an ulterior motive.

At the end of the day, it's your party and you can throw it as you see fit. Like I said, I hope it is wildly successful and we see some good pool.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
well good luck lou. your intentions are good. just hope your procedures dont bite you in the ass in the end.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure John's personal attempt at a record constitutes an "event" but, okay.

Sure it was.

And afterwards he could have offered other players the opportunity to run balls under the exact same conditions. But he didn’t. I see absolutely no reason why we should feel compelled to invite him to our event.

He did what he did and is being rewarded with his various showings and other marketing devices. We’re going to take a different approach and open it up to a number of world championship level players to see what they can do.

Lou Figueroa