Price check on McDermott wildlife wc-6 / are they even more rare in 2021?

Hey I know there have been other post about the wildlife series but they are older post and if I'm not mistaken you can't find them at the moment.

I have a 1987 McDermott Wildlife Series WC-6 with the bass on it. I will post pics and if anyone can tell me a ballpark of how much it's worth that would be awesome.

A buddy of mind sold the bear one recently for $1100. Also there was someone that restored the collection and was selling them for $900 each but that was a while ago.

If anyone finds a wildlife series for sale please post on here because I'm curious if they can be found at the moment. I tried looking any couldn't find any so looks like they are becoming even more rare.

The cue in the pics is my daily player and is durable and really a great stick. If anyone knows ithe value post it up please.

Attachments

• 20211112_215211.jpg
    20211112_215211.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 271
  • 20211115_030901.jpg
    20211115_030901.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 262
  • 20211115_030933.jpg
    20211115_030933.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 219
  • 20211115_031013.jpg
    20211115_031013.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 219

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey I know there have been other post about the wildlife series but they are older post and if I'm not mistaken you can't find them at the moment.

I have a 1987 McDermott Wildlife Series WC-6 with the bass on it. I will post pics and if anyone can tell me a ballpark of how much it's worth that would be awesome.

A buddy of mind sold the bear one recently for $1100. Also there was someone that restored the collection and was selling them for $900 each but that was a while ago.

If anyone finds a wildlife series for sale please post on here because I'm curious if they can be found at the moment. I tried looking any couldn't find any so looks like they are becoming even more rare.

The cue in the pics is my daily player and is durable and really a great stick. If anyone knows ithe value post it up please.
700-800 tops would be my guess. One sold on ebay a while back in that range.

Ya a while back though. I scooped mine up for $400 and I love the way it plays. Just like a D series. The question is tho can the wild life series even be found anymore? My friend said oh they aren't even that rare and I told him BS I bet you can't find one for sale..I know they will pop up every now and then but as far as the internet goes you can't find them which should drive the value up right

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They will never be high dollar cues. I have lots of D series and a couple C series. Great cues for sure. But the market on them isn’t that strong.

Best
Fatboy

Well I don't mean high dollar ( at the moment ) but the wildlife series is more rare then a d or c series. I bet I can sell it for $1200 - $1300 right now to the right buyer because my friend sold the bear one for $1100 on eBay like a year ago. And check this article out by McDermott on the WL series

If you read the comments after that article people are asking how much and where can I get one

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I don't mean high dollar ( at the moment ) but the wildlife series is more rare then a d or c series. I bet I can sell it for $1200 - $1300 right now to the right buyer because my friend sold the bear one for $1100 on eBay like a year ago. And check this article out by McDermott on the WL series

If you read the comments after that article people are asking how much and where can I get one
there are a lot of die-hard mcd fans that will want one for a collection. imo that's your target market.

Ya it's a good lookin cue...looks better in person the inlay colors really pop... I call it swamp thang lol and made mid 80s so you know it's durable.. everything all original. It's already lasted 40 years and will prolly last another 40 years

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member

I had the linen WC2 I purchased new in 1987 and sold it in about 2009 for 1K (played but in excellent condition). A regretted sale as the cue played extremely well. Proficient had one for sale last year (WC2) with two shafts and i think they got around 900.00 or so. Of the series, some were more popular than others and I don't know where the bass fits in there. Don't believe it was #1 but agree to the right buyer 1K is about right. McDermott Bluebook shows about the same. Think to get 1K it needs to be very, very clean.

Attachments

• WC2.GIF
    WC2.GIF
    223.9 KB · Views: 75

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

I picked up a WC-05 “Duck Hunt” this year for about $450. It had just been refinished by McDermott. I always wanted that cue because the inlaid black dog is described as Ol’ Sam. My dog is named Sam.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
They will never be high dollar cues. I have lots of D series and a couple C series. Great cues for sure. But the market on them isn’t that strong.

Best
Fatboy

Well a restaurant don’t have to be fancy & sucessful.

Good food is what i want not three fork to confuse me,🤔

FYI A WILDLIFE IS NOW LISTED FOR SALE HERE.👍

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Cue has already sold since being posted this morning. Wasn't my favorite of the series (WC1 - The Bear) and don't know what it sold for. Be interesting to know.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
I picked up a WC-05 “Duck Hunt” this year for about $450. It had just been refinished by McDermott. I always wanted that cue because the inlaid black dog is described as Ol’ Sam. My dog is named Sam.
What number is your cue? The bear cue sold this morning was apparently 160 of 500. My WC2 was 1010 (out of I don't know). Apparently there were various numbers of "limited" produced for each in the series.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
What number is your cue? The bear cue sold this morning was apparently 160 of 500. My WC2 was 1010 (out of I don't know). Apparently there were various numbers of "limited" produced for each in the series.
No number. If there had ever been a number, it got removed during refinish.