Price check on McDermott wildlife wc-6 / are they even more rare in 2021?

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Yes. It also has the correct vintage bumper.
lol...odd, especially for McDermott. I wouldn't think they'd intentionally remove engraved numbers under the logo unless the butt cap was actually replaced. That said, I am not an expert on how they released these. Of the 6 cue themes in the series we have (1). 160 of 500, (2). 1010 out of ??? and (3). not numbered at all. :unsure:

lol...odd, especially for McDermott. I wouldn't think they'd intentionally remove engraved numbers under the logo unless the butt cap was actually replaced. That said, I am not an expert on how they released these. Of the 6 cue themes in the series we have (1). 160 of 500, (2). 1010 out of ??? and (3). not numbered at all. :unsure:
Mine is 054

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Well I don't mean high dollar ( at the moment ) but the wildlife series is more rare then a d or c series. I bet I can sell it for $1200 - $1300 right now to the right buyer because my friend sold the bear one for $1100 on eBay like a year ago. And check this article out by McDermott on the WL series

If you read the comments after that article people are asking how much and where can I get one

There may be 1 buyer, for that price, in the world. Sucker born every day after all.

Well answer me this...do you like McDermott? Do you like the d series? Do you like fishing? Do you like pool? Seems like more then one person meets that criteria. I'm sorry I thought this was America lol 🇺🇸

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Well answer me this...do you like McDermott? Do you like the d series? Do you like fishing? Do you like pool? Seems like more then one person meets that criteria. I'm sorry I thought this was America lol 🇺🇸

I actually had that same cue, purchased new. It isn’t a one off cue, which means it isn’t rare in the cue world. Lot of cues are that, and it still doesn’t make them worth a ton of money.

The Scruggs you asked about is far more rare, and desirable, and you think this McDermott should be over 1k? It is a 4-650 dollar cue, that to the right buyer might go for 800 in mint condition.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I remember when these first came out, and I don’t remember them having numbers. The catalog doesn’t show or suggest numbers.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
I actually had that same cue, purchased new. It isn’t a one off cue, which means it isn’t rare in the cue world. Lot of cues are that, and it still doesn’t make them worth a ton of money.

The Scruggs you asked about is far more rare, and desirable, and you think this McDermott should be over 1k? It is a 4-650 dollar cue, that to the right buyer might go for 800 in mint condition.
I agree the condition is what usually drives the rarity. That's how collectibles roll. While mine was excellent condition, the buyer was also a riverboat captain on the Mississippi and huge goose hunter. The one Proficient had/sold last year was $800 w/two shafts and knowing those guys - probably cleaned it up or refinished it. So it would take excellent condition and the right buyer to get north of $700-$800 I think. Probably not a quick flip.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I don't mean high dollar ( at the moment ) but the wildlife series is more rare then a d or c series. I bet I can sell it for $1200 - $1300 right now to the right buyer because my friend sold the bear one for $1100 on eBay like a year ago. And check this article out by McDermott on the WL series

If you read the comments after that article people are asking how much and where can I get one
Sounds to me like you already know the answer to your question. It will probably be valuable to someone that's putting together the entire collection, but not so much for somebody wanting an everyday player. It's not like it's an endangered species! Get it? LOL

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
I remember when these first came out, and I don’t remember them having numbers. The catalog doesn’t show or suggest numbers.

I dunno! I imagine a call to McDermott would explain it and I'd be surprised if they rolled out a sloppy series numbering plan. 3 of 4 cues discussed here are numbered. Be nice if Aaron who sold his yesterday would chime in on how he knew that his #160 was of 500. I don't think it makes a cue worth more but if a number should be there and isn't could make it worth less. Unless it's a factory screw-up one-of-a-kind making it worth 10X. :LOL:

Attachments

• Numbers.GIF
    Numbers.GIF
    244 KB · Views: 47
Ya thats like coins if there is a flaw or screw up it makes that coin worth alot. Either way I love the cue hits great and has character to it. The last question is what will it be worth 20 years from now?

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Ya thats like coins if there is a flaw or screw up it makes that coin worth alot. Either way I love the cue hits great and has character to it. The last question is what will it be worth 20 years from now?
With Brandon in office who knows! Probably not much more unless you put a carbon shaft on it.

Last edited:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I dunno! I imagine a call to McDermott would explain it and I'd be surprised if they rolled out a sloppy series numbering plan. 3 of 4 cues discussed here are numbered. Be nice if Aaron who sold his yesterday would chime in on how he knew that his #160 was of 500. I don't think it makes a cue worth more but if a number should be there and isn't could make it worth less. Unless it's a factory screw-up one-of-a-kind making it worth 10X. :LOL:
If it wasn't clear, I remember quite vividly the first time these were presented in a catalog. No numbers. Just like the catalog page I put up.

I think you're making too much of it. It's a McDermott. I don't see myself calling anyone up any time soon. There'd be no point to it. If it's important to you, then you can say that my non-numbered cue is worth $0 and that I probably owe money to the universe for just possessing it. Yours are worth more than any Balabushka, except the Golden Balabushka. Yours are just a hair under it. Congrats.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
If it wasn't clear, I remember quite vividly the first time these were presented in a catalog. No numbers. Just like the catalog page I put up.

I think you're making too much of it. It's a McDermott. I don't see myself calling anyone up any time soon. There'd be no point to it. If it's important to you, then you can say that my non-numbered cue is worth $0 and that I probably owe money to the universe for just possessing it. Yours are worth more than any Balabushka, except the Golden Balabushka. Yours are just a hair under it. Congrats.
Not sure why your panties are in a bunch over this thread. I was just presenting facts and questions. No one dissed your cue. Maybe we should talk more about which tips are best. :rolleyes: Fact remains, everyone elses has a number on it, yours don't. You lose. :p

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not sure why your panties are in a bunch over this thread. I was just presenting facts and questions. No one dissed your cue. Maybe we should talk more about which tips are best. :rolleyes: Fact remains, everyone elses has a number on it, yours don't. You lose. :p
Can someone please ask this poster to grow up? Thanks.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Can someone please ask this poster to grow up? Thanks.
Please share why you attacked me. No one disrespected your cue, called it cheap, nothing even close. No one cares. We were discussing the numbering of these series. It's odd for McDermott cues not to be consistent. You seem very insecure.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Please share why you attacked me. No one disrespected your cue, called it cheap, nothing even close. No one cares. We were discussing the numbering of these series. It's odd for McDermott cues not to be consistent. You seem very insecure.
You seem to be the only person who cares if my cue is or isn't numbered, you suggested it was worth less (which I could care less, as it's not important to me), and then you top it off by saying, "you lose," as if there was some kind of competition going on here.

Now you're saying I'm insecure. I could care less whether my cue has or doesn't have a number. I reported to you that the early catalog introduction, there are no numbers (since you, not me, was asking if mine had a number). Do what you will with that information. I really don't care. It seems to be important to you. Call them up.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
You seem to be the only person who cares if my cue is or isn't numbered, you suggested it was worth less (which I could care less, as it's not important to me), and then you top it off by saying, "you lose," as if there was some kind of competition going on here.

Now you're saying I'm insecure. I could care less whether my cue has or doesn't have a number. I reported to you that the early catalog introduction, there are no numbers (since you, not me, was asking if mine had a number). Do what you will with that information. I really don't care. It seems to be important to you. Call them up.
Yes - you attacked me without provocation so I bit back. Imagine that. Your post to me was out-of-line. And I didn't suggest your cue was worth less, read it again it was humor. I only care to understand McDermotts numbering history on this cue, I really don't give a rat's ass about yours. I just included you in the mix since you bought one.