Pool Ball Collecting.

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Tungstens are still included in my rotation of sets. I like the retro look. Mine came from e-Bay unadulterated.

But what’s up with these Dynaspheres with broken seals on the boxes? My wife got me a set of Platinum for my birthday and they were sold ‘new’ to her with the seal broken too.

No complaints the set is terrific, but this reeks of shady practice somewhere along the distribution trail, like someone bought these in bulk and went through them looking for defects or cherry picking better sets…

mrpiper

Registered
My Tungstens are still included in my rotation of sets. I like the retro look. Mine came from e-Bay unadulterated.

But what’s up with these Dynaspheres with broken seals on the boxes? My wife got me a set of Platinum for my birthday and they were sold ‘new’ to her with the seal broken too.

No complaints the set is terrific, but this reeks of shady practice somewhere along the distribution trail, like someone bought these in bulk and went through them looking for defects or cherry picking better sets…
This set did not come with the templates. I wondered if someone pilfered those?

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t recall my Tungsten set coming with a template but I need to check.

The Platinum set definitely came with pyramid and 9 ball templates along with the polishing cloth.

Maybe someone at customs was inspecting each box for something else!

mrpiper

Registered
I don’t recall my Tungsten set coming with a template but I need to check.

The Platinum set definitely came with pyramid and 9 ball templates along with the polishing cloth.

Maybe someone at customs was inspecting each box for something else!
I hadn't thought about customs. That is a good point.

carl.j

Anyone have any idea what a minimum order from Saluc/Aramith is? Been after a set of TV Centennials for ages now. Think they would do a group order? :rolleyes:

mrpiper

Registered
Just saw a set sell on Ebay Sunday for $275!

One idea might be can we get a group order for just the 4, 12, 7 & 15 as an add on for the standard set? All the others are the regular balls and who here doesn't already own at least 1 set of centennials! 😄

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

One idea might be can we get a group order for just the 4, 12, 7 & 15 as an add on for the standard set? All the others are the regular balls and who here doesn't already own at least 1 set of centennials! 😄
Good idea!

carl.j

Don't happen to have a link to the auction? I've got alerts set up but never got one.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

orion21

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just picked these up on ebay, moldy box and lots of discolored foam. Based on searching this thread they are post 1985, but does anyone know the full range of years these may be?

Ball1.jpg
ball2.jpg
ball3.jpg

Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think we should order a bunch of sets with all purple balls.

Then the purple 5 ball wouldn’t be a issue anymore

Best,
Fatboy<———solving the worlds problems one ball at a time