Shaw 714 DVD

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
$125 with a signed photo and a piece of the cloth. Not a bad price IMHO especially as it's Shaw himself selling (the money goes to him). If only I had a DVD player still.

Screenshot_20220308-092717_Facebook.jpg

soyale

i think it would be smart to consider a sellfy option as well, or something of that nature.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
That's going to leave a good amount of table cloth left over after the 714 packages available. I'm assuming Jayson is going to display it in his own room, or something or other.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there another option? I don’t really care about the extra stuff, I just want to see the run.
This is what I don't get. Ever since Jayson ran his 714 there have been a multitude of posts about making the run available for sale. We all know there is no money in pool and only a select few know exactly how much Jayson pocketed in incentive money after the run. The guy is trying to moentize his accomplishment by offering a copy of the run and some memoribilia for a fair price. Now we are going to get people belly aching about the cost and the contents of the package. I just wish everyone would stop being so cheap. I see it time and again on this site. If you want to see it, it's going to cost you $125. If you don't want the memorabilia, give it away or toss it in the trash. Good grief.

Last edited:

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is what I don't get. Ever since Jayson ran his 714 there have been a multitude of posts about making the run available for sale. We all know there is no money in pool and only a select few know exactly how much Jayson pocketed in incentive money after the run. The guy is trying to moentize his accomplishment by offering a copy of the run and some memoribilia for a fair price. Now we are going to get people belly aching about the cost and the contents of the package. I just wish everyone would stop being so cheap. I see it time and again on this site. If you want to see it, it's going to cost you $125. If you don't want the memorabilia, give it away or toss it in the trash. Good grief.
Did the guy complain about the price? No. Asked about alternatives as maybe he isn’t 8 years old or fanboy that cares about “memorabilia” and or wants a better priced option than that. So you have declared it is a “fair price”. Doesn’t mean everyone has. Or are you one who thinks that whatever Shaw values it at therefore is the fair price?

“stop being so cheap”. Must be the new mantra for people who can’t handle different opinions and dislike people who have the nerve to decide for themselves what they value. It is like the idiots for years who responded to everyone by saying Hater because that is all they could come up with. “Go be poor somewhere else”. LMFAO.

Presumably this is just the first attempt to market it and then after everyone has their fill of the “memorabilia” they will release a more reasonable and realistic priced option for purchase like around $50. Then I guess I’ll be watching it. Guess I’m cheap.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did the guy complain about the price? No. Asked about alternatives as maybe he isn’t 8 years old or fanboy that cares about “memorabilia” and or wants a better priced option than that. So you have declared it is a “fair price”. Doesn’t mean everyone has. Or are you one who thinks that whatever Shaw values it at therefore is the fair price?
When someone is requesting less products in a package, they are looking to buy at a less expensive price. If he was willing to pay the $125, he could giveaway or toss the additional merchandise in the package and there's no point in posting the inquiry. The package is the package and it costs what it costs. There are no cheaper options and a la cart isn't available. Given what people pay for instruction DVD's, live streams of events, etc., the product in question is indeed a fair price. There are only a limited number available and my money is on Shaw selling out.

“stop being so cheap”. Must be the new mantra for people who can’t handle different opinions and dislike people who have the nerve to decide for themselves what they value. It is like the idiots for years who responded to everyone by saying Hater because that is all they could come up with. “Go be poor somewhere else”. LMFAO.
Like it or not, personal experience has dictated the vast majority of pool players are cheap. It is what it is. It wasn't a differing opinion, the post was clearly fishing for buying the item for a cheaper price. That's one of the problems with pool. We see a pool hall close and the players complain they have nowhere to play but most of the players show up for league, don't spend a dime in the room and then wonder why the business failed. Same thing here. People are up in arms that there's no money in pool and here we have a top level player trying to profit (at a reasonable price) from a record he set and people are already looking for a discount. These are the same people who were complaining about the run not being available. Well, now it's available. If you don't like the price or the offering, don't buy it.

Presumably this is just the first attempt to market it and then after everyone has their fill of the “memorabilia” they will release a more reasonable and realistic priced option for purchase like around $50. Then I guess I’ll be watching it. Guess I’m cheap.
Yes, looks like you are.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When someone is requesting less products in a package, they are looking to buy at a less expensive price. If he was willing to pay the $125, he could giveaway or toss the additional merchandise in the package and there's no point in posting the inquiry. The package is the package and it costs what it costs. There are no cheaper options and a la cart isn't available. Given what people pay for instruction DVD's, live streams of events, etc., the product in question is indeed a fair price. There are only a limited number available and my money is on Shaw selling out.

Like it or not, personal experience has dictated the vast majority of pool players are cheap. It is what it is. It wasn't a differing opinion, the post was clearly fishing for buying the item for a cheaper price. That's one of the problems with pool. We see a pool hall close and the players complain they have nowhere to play but most of the players show up for league, don't spend a dime in the room and then wonder why the business failed. Same thing here. People are up in arms that there's no money in pool and here we have a top level player trying to profit (at a reasonable price) from a record he set and people are already looking for a discount. These are the same people who were complaining about the run not being available. Well, now it's available. If you don't like the price or the offering, don't buy it.

Yes, looks like you are.
Ever heard about the doomed convict that bitched 'cause they weren't gonna use a new rope to hang him? Describes a lot of pool players. JS spent his whole life getting to this level. $125 imo is not out of line one bit.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's going to leave a good amount of table cloth left over after the 714 packages available. I'm assuming Jayson is going to display it in his own room, or something or other.

I believe there are plans for selected portions of the cloth, like the rack area and rails.

Lou Figueroa

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No longer selling them. Used ones are easy to find. Good stuff.
I saw one brand new 204 for $6800 a couple months ago. I passed. I have 104’s I think is the model number. They aren’t crazy money. I got mine when I bought my house Dre left all the A/V equipment behind. I need a sound engineer to learn how it all works….