Blues music and One Pocket

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's beautiful!
Santana on guitar.

A much younger Carlos Santana at Woodstock:

I heard an interview where Carlos said that he and the band were supposed go on sometime that night. They were hanging out backstage in the afternoon, and they decided to drop some acid to while away the time. A half hour later, the stage manager approached them, and said, "You're next!". Whaaat?! The stage manager replied, "If you want to play, you're on next!" So, they had no choice but to take the stage. Carlos said the neck of his guitar looked like a writhing snake while he was playing.

Last edited:

71dewajack

I love playing and having most anything from Alligator records playing in the background. And of course Robert Cray and Sean Costello. I love blues guitarists.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Ah the crowd at Woodstock. Not as large as a...., nevermind.🤷
Santana on guitar.

I heard an interview where Carlos said that he and the band were supposed go on sometime that night. They were hanging out backstage in the afternoon, and they decided to drop some acid to while away the time. A half hour later, the stage manager approached them, and said, "You're next!". Whaaat?! The stage manager replied, "If you want to play, you're on next!" So, they had no choice but to take the stage. Carlos said the neck of his guitar looked like a writhing snake while he was playing.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Santana on guitar.

if he could play like that on acid
just think how good he could play straight :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Santana on guitar.

This is a badass performance. Funny ..they have that fk face while playing. Loved the album....fun to listen to while practicing.