WTB: Mezz WXC Carom Shaft or Alpha Hybrid Carom Shafts with a United Joint

Angeleyes1978

Registered
I’m looking to purchase a Mezz WXC Carom Shaft with a United Joint or a Mezz Alpha Hybrid Carom Shaft with a United Joint. Prefer new or close to it. PM me if you are looking to sell either and maybe we can make a deal. Thanks for looking…..Vince

pongohops

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m looking to purchase a Mezz WXC Carom Shaft with a United Joint or a Mezz Alpha Hybrid Carom Shaft with a United Joint. Prefer new or close to it. PM me if you are looking to sell either and maybe we can make a deal. Thanks for looking…..Vince
You ever find one? I'm in the same situation right now and looking for one.

T@BP

I don't know if any WXC shaft comes with United joint.
This is how it looks like in Mezz Carom WXC shaft order list, all got Wavy joint.

Carom WXC shaft
MS-WXC/J69/WWXC shaft, Japanese taper, wavy joint
MS-WXC/J69/W/SWSWXC shaft, Japanese taper, wavy joint, shaft weight system
MS-WXC/K69/WWXC shaft, Korean taper, wavy joint
MS-WXC/K69/W/SWSWXC shaft, Korean taper, wavy joint, shaft weight system
MS-WXC/E71/WWXC shaft, European taper, wavy joint
MS-WXC/E71/W/SWSWXC shaft, European taper, wavy joint, shaft weight system
MS-WXC/W22WXC shaft, 22mm joint diameter, Japanese taper, Wavy joint

Angeleyes1978

Registered
You ever find one? I'm in the same situation right now and looking for one.
Hello Sir, Good Luck, they actually do not come in a United Joint like T@BP pointed out above, but I figured that someone might have had one custom made by Mezz, which is actually what I ended up doing the first time, but the wait time was like 18 months. Mezz has great products, but they definitely aren't quick with orders. Your best bet is to talk with Kim Bye on here. if you are interested, I can give you his contact info. He's a Mezz dealer in Europe and awesome guy to deal with. He got a few carom shafts from Mezz for me and did the insert swap for me and I could not have been happier. He's a total class act and super reasonable with his prices. Hope this info helps Pongohops

pongohops

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello Sir, Good Luck, they actually do not come in a United Joint like T@BP pointed out above, but I figured that someone might have had one custom made by Mezz, which is actually what I ended up doing the first time, but the wait time was like 18 months. Mezz has great products, but they definitely aren't quick with orders. Your best bet is to talk with Kim Bye on here. if you are interested, I can give you his contact info. He's a Mezz dealer in Europe and awesome guy to deal with. He got a few carom shafts from Mezz for me and did the insert swap for me and I could not have been happier. He's a total class act and super reasonable with his prices. Hope this info helps Pongohops
Mezz told me the same thing in an email. I know of Kim from here on the forums so maybe I'll go that route... got some decisions to make I guess. Thanks for the info!

Out of curiosity... which Mezz carom shaft(s) did you go with and were happy with?

Angeleyes1978

Registered
Either way you are gonna have a bit of a wait because that is just the way Mezz operates, but I would advise talking to Kim if you are serious about this, he was beyond helpful. I got a WXC E71 and a Alpha Hybrid J69 and both play great, but the Alpha Hybrid really is my favorite. It hits billiard and pool balls amazingly, so that is my 2 cents, but with all things, it comes down to personal preference and playing style. I just like the option of having a pool shaft and 3C shaft in my bag without carrying an extra butt, since I often play both games.

pongohops

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"I just like the option of having a pool shaft and 3C shaft in my bag without carrying an extra butt, since I often play both games."

This. If I can get a carom shaft with the united joint then all I need to do is keep the shaft in my case. I shoot pool with the WX900 and very happy with it, but it is certainly not a shaft I would want to shoot billiards with. The Hybrid Alpha 3C, with the carbon core, sounds like it would be firmer/stiffer and is what I'm after with a carom shaft. Thanks for the info - appreciate it!

Angeleyes1978

Registered
No problem, anytime. I just know the struggle when I was figuring this all out and if you play with a WX900, than you will definitely love the Hybrid Alpha 3C shaft. You will not regret it.