Players from The Hustlers reality show - what are they doing now?

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You‘re right. Probably playing at an 810-815. No one, besides filler and gorst, have really impressed me the last 5 years.
This is true. He’s gifted and paid his dues.

Mike plays every bit of 800+, he will for the next 20 years until he gets old. He will never play weak.

Shame he didn’t listen(I won’t put that biz in the street) beyond what I’ve said.

All the best,
Fatboy

In the video with Tooth there was $110,000 in the LV bag that night. And I had an armed under cover body guard the whole time that year at the Derby. I lost millions of $’s that day in a bogus court ruling about 6-7 hours before that was caught on camera. That’s why I had my nose open a mile wide, I’d have flipped for the buck 10 at that moment. I had just flew in from Vegas, I left early that morning went to court for 20 minutes and flew back out to Louisville.

The other video was staged. The one with Tooth was real. FWIW. I learned how to make $ in pool rooms, carried that into biz which is still paying me just fine. I’ll always credit the people who helped me come up. While I was never a great player, I always find action in what ever I do and ain’t scared to bet. That’s what I got from pool.

Good luck Mike, could have been different

Eric

LC3

Playing the table
Silver Member
I know the concept of the Fargo Ratings, but not the details. I assume the list above is current. It doesn't necessarily indicate that the players are currently active, does it?

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
That's part of the reason why I asked. I was wondering how many of them have moved on to other things, including more career responsibility or family obligations, and how many are still heavily involved in pool.
Only the smart ones...

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Has anyone in the forums run into this Showtime guy?
I'd think with as big of a personality as he shows, someone would have heard of him.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Mike played in the Predator event in Tucson last winter. I remember watching him. I think he lost in a shootout. He didn't look great but I'm sure he can still play 800 speed.

FeelDaShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't think Ross was a 713 Fargo.
I agree, Ross didn't seem anywhere near a 713 Fargo rating. It's been a while since I watched the show but I remember him being about even money to beat the 6 ball ghost. He was definitely low on their totem pole/list. He must have not showed his true speed and hustled us all...touchè!

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I know the concept of the Fargo Ratings, but not the details. I assume the list above is current. It doesn't necessarily indicate that the players are currently active, does it?
It's my understanding that ratings in Fargo are re-evaulated daily. Your rating un Fargo can go up or down, and does take in account of current competition or lack of (say you haven't played in 3 years). Maybe it was last year, I recall seeing a thread or two on AZ speculating on decline in the Fargo rating for the Chinese players. It was attributed to them not able to compete due to COVID lockdown, than to losing matches.

If you want more details, check out the Fargo App. If you have a player profile, you have the option to make your match history public. Off the top of my head, Mika and Hunter are two Pro players that made their match history public. You can then check if a player is competing or not.

Fargo rating is two parts, the rating and robustness (number of games in the system). Anything less than 200 is just a starter rating.

tomatoshooter

He has a full-time job and probably makes more money(working) than any other American other than Shane, maybe more than Shane. I'd call that SMART
Going by the AZB money leaderboard, my paycheck would put up around number 25. I hope those guys are getting in a lot of money games.