Average cost of moving a table

Sleeperls

Trying to decide if I want to hire it moved or do it myself but hire it leveled etc.

Connelly ventana. If that matters. The local places to get a quote don't open until Wednesday.

Thanks

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trying to decide if I want to hire it moved or do it myself but hire it leveled etc.

Connelly ventana. If that matters. The local places to get a quote don't open until Wednesday.

Thanks
how far? upstairs? basic cross town move probably 150bux just to move it. 300 to move and set-up probably.

Sleeperls

The one quote I have is 800 dollars. Waiting on two others when they are open. I build race cats as a hobby so tear down and moving it wouldn't be bad but would like it set up correctly. It's a 125mile move. I figured 500ish, was surprised by 800

Grimper

The one quote I have is 800 dollars. Waiting on two others when they are open. I build race cats as a hobby so tear down and moving it wouldn't be bad but would like it set up correctly. It's a 125mile move. I figured 500ish, was surprised by 800

That's about what I paid to move mine earlier this year.

gazman100

Brunswick Gold Crowns - Qld Australia
Silver Member
What kind of table is it
Is it a 3 piece slate or a 1 piece slate.
:D

Zerksies

I think something like this should be quoted in T&M. People have rates all over the place, But saying 4 hours to do the job would be pretty consistent.

Sleeperls

After watching some videos there is absolutely no reason I don't think I couldn't do it myself. Even the leveling of the slates doesn't look hard. Only thing I don't have access too is sealer for the slates. That's what scared me the most was leveling and sealing.

Now I don't have a machinist level but I do have 6 foot digital and bubble levels. As well as 2 foot bubble and digital from doing chassis work on cars.

I'll still update with the 2 others quotes.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After watching some videos there is absolutely no reason I don't think I couldn't do it myself. Even the leveling of the slates doesn't look hard. Only thing I don't have access too is sealer for the slates. That's what scared me the most was leveling and sealing.

Now I don't have a machinist level but I do have 6 foot digital and bubble levels. As well as 2 foot bubble and digital from doing chassis work on cars.

Have a pro level/seal/cover the thing. Trust me. The 'f%^k-up fix' charge can be kinda high if you dog it.

Last edited:

Zerksies

The last time i seen a guy do a table he used plaster on the joints.

PracticeChampion

The last time i seen a guy do a table he used plaster on the joints.
Down fall of plaster is it'll bleed through and have a white line, atleast I've seen that. Maybe different brands are different 🤷🏻‍♂️. I've used beeswax and Bondo on my own setup's, both work great.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member

Regular digital and bubble levels are not even close to being accurate enough for a pool table. I also do chassis work and only use levels as a reference. You can lay out parallel bars according to your level but if you eyeball them may not even be close to parallel with each other. I will trust a laser beam and a ruler long before a standard level.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Regular digital and bubble levels are not even close to being accurate enough for a pool table. I also do chassis work and only use levels as a reference. You can lay out parallel bars according to your level but if you eyeball them may not even be close to parallel with each other. I will trust a laser beam and a ruler long before a standard level.
Yep. You have to use machinist's levels to get it right. Hope all goes well for this guy but imo he's asking for problems here. I also think the price he'd been quoted is too high.