Hustler Picture (basement decor)

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always wanted these for my basement poolroom. I finally had them made up.

I have them in this order as you walk down the stairs. I love that movie.

1681313204486.png

1681313260962.png

1681313317356.png

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I always wanted these for my basement poolroom. I finally had them made up.

I have them in this order as you walk down the stairs. I love that movie.

View attachment 695951

View attachment 695952

View attachment 695953

The Hustler pictures deserve standing alone like one wall or the staircase as you mentioned. Tough call then to finish out with pictures from that era or from other movies. Maybe The Hustler and The Color of Money on opposing walls and real players from those eras on the midwalls. Maybe from other movies? A still or two from Uncle Phil's pool games or from Gunsmoke's "A game of pool". Reminds me, the best of the Far Side "A Game of Pool" would be nice. If started down that line a picture or two of the vampire pool game would nice too.

Just as well I want a big table and a small one at a minimum, I am going to need a lot of wall!

Hu

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also, while those quotes are from the movie, I took some liberty and matched them up to the images I liked.

Reactions: bbb

softshot

Simplify
Silver Member
nice but you are missing Bert.. I recommend this..

Bert Gordon: Sure you got drunk. You have the best excuse in the world for losing; no trouble losing when you got a good excuse. Winning... that can be heavy on your back, too, like a monkey. You'll drop that load too when you got an excuse. All you gotta do is learn to feel sorry for yourself. One of the best indoor sports, feeling sorry for yourself. A sport enjoyed by all, especially the born losers.

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Canvases from The Hustler dominate an entire wall in my pool room. That's the theme I started with.
Those chairs are pretty cool. Where did they come from? You should build a step for them so they're high enough to look over the table.

NevadaP

Those chairs are pretty cool. Where did they come from? You should build a step for them so they're high enough to look over the table.
My wife found them in an antiques store. Came out of an old movie theater.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, as long as we're sharing... for what seems like forever, a very good friend of mine has been remodeling his man cave -- the center piece being a 9' oak Diamond mit light.

Back around late 2020, when he began, I offered him a piece of "The Hustler" movie memorabilia out of the "Figueroa Pool Collection" to help him with the decor. He said (wait for it): yes. I told him great, it was his, but to be sure to be sitting down when they told him how much it'd be to frame it.

I'll just post a photo of my part of the decor since I don't have permission to post up photos of his near complete project. But let me just tell, the room came out pretty awesome.

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• IMG_4991 2.JPG
    IMG_4991 2.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 77