Who makes the best wooden shafts?

Flakeandrun

Funny !! I'm the only one to show a test on cue shaft test and ask if anybody ,do another test.... Cornerman waiting for your reply!! Dieckman shaft are number #1 ... Show me the different!!! Who will do the TEST!!!
I can post pictures to clarify aesthetically 'perfect', but really, besides subjective 'feeling' and the balls pocketed. Can offer nothing more.

What was all the chatter about Ruslan's shaft anyway? You didn't elaborate and I am curious haha

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can post pictures to clarify aesthetically 'perfect', but really, besides subjective 'feeling' and the balls pocketed. Can offer nothing more.

What was all the chatter about Ruslan's shaft anyway? You didn't elaborate and I am curious haha
you might find Dieckman Help a few Russan Cue Maker... Builder if his old website wasa up... But the RatF@@ker doesn't know Shit... only friend with Dieckman Since 1989

Last edited:

Flakeandrun

you might find Dieckman Help a few Russan Cue Maker... Builder if his old website wasa up... But the RatF@@ker doesn't know Shit... only friend with Dieckman Since 1989
I am sorry, I don't understand. So Dieckmann helped a Russian Cuemaker? But the Cuemaker didn't say that to be true? OR something like that?

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I have the old Dieckman website site... I could show where he had Russian Cue maker at his Cueniversity!
Serious You don't want Question me !

Flakeandrun

If I have the old Dieckman website site... I could show where he had Russian Cue maker at his Cueniversity!
Serious You don't want Question me !
I'm not questioning you, I am just curious what you mean. It's a little unclear from your phrasing. So you are saying the Russian maker is ripping off Dieckman? Or selling Dieckman's work or process as his own?
I don't know the name of any Russian makers or brands, so I am curious :)

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There Were a Few Russian Cue Maker that attended Dieckman's Cueniversity .. I'm saying he help to understand shaft knowledge! a lot of his website were destructed by his sister ,after his death... Maybe I can or someone can give his students list for Cueniversity . He was going to get me a list before his death... didn't happened. But look at my early post in this section... I'm not the only one...

Serious You don't want Question me ! Just see Jim Buss and the twelve cuemakers in Smithson Museum... az article /post

Last edited:

Flakeandrun

There Were a Few Russian Cue Maker that attended Dieckman's Cueniversity .. I'm saying he help to understand shaft knowledge! a lot of his website were destructed by his sister ,after his death... Maybe I can or someone can give his students list for Cueniversity . He was going to get me a list before his death... didn't happened. But look at my early post in this section... I'm not the only one...

Serious You don't want Question me ! Just see Jim Buss and the twelve cuemakers in Smithson Museum... az article /post
Again, not questioning you. Just curious. As you seem pretty upset or angry about something. I still can't work out what it is you're upset about? These Russian makers are passing their work as original or something?

You seem pretty knowledgeable/passionate about cue-making, so I'd read anything you sent on the matter.
One day I'd like to give it a go. Just the dream of a simple lad :ROFLMAO:

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Again, not questioning you. Just curious. As you seem pretty upset or angry about something. I still can't work out what it is you're upset about? These Russian makers are passing their work as original or something?

You seem pretty knowledgeable/passionate about cue-making, so I'd read anything you sent on the matter.
One day I'd like to give it a go. Just the dream of a simple lad :ROFLMAO:
Not Angry about anything... But saying Dieckman Shaft was done by outside source... can anyone else make at statement?? If you're satisfied with your cue shaft that what count

Flakeandrun

Not Angry about anything... But saying Dieckman Shaft was done by outside source... can anyone else make at statement?? If you're satisfied with your cue shaft that what count
Oh, it came across like you were really upset about something.
So you're saying that Dieckman was not responsible for production of his shafts? Simply QC/selection and adjustment of the ones from another maker before selling?

I agree with you. Some of these pros could play with a piece of driftwood...

Learning to play with anything that you currently own, or what makes you happy, trumps buying the 'best' of anything. As I've mentioned a few times in several other threads, one irritating thing about pool is the aggressive branding/marketing/advertising of the 'next best thing' meant to take a game to the 'next level', or the professional nonsense talkers who will describe how product A is going to level-up your game from product B.

I am very happy with the aesthetics of the shafts I own, which whether we like it or not, does/can affect our performance. I am happy with the feel (both on my hand, and with regard to flex/stiffness of the 'hit') of the shafts I own, which without saying affects our performance. I am happy with the sound, which as ridiculous as it may be, also affects our feeling and how we play.

I am happy that I have all the tools to succeed, and can therefore work on my game, and can only blame myself for my shortcomings on the table :)

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So you're saying that Dieckman was not responsible for production of his shafts?

Don't Go There .... Dieckman Help Steve Titus with the 314 Laminated shaft ...

Last edited:

LC3

Playing the table
Silver Member
I think any cuemaker worth his salt would be an expert at making a good shaft as well. A cue is as much how the shaft feels and performs as how the butt looks and is built.
That gets into the criteria for cuemakers to be worth their salt. Some are going to put a lot of effort into making excellent shafts, and others are going to be more concerned with the artistry of their cues' butts.

Here's my impression on the matter. When cues are displayed at shows, it's often just the butt. When somebody buys one of those cues from the rack, the most common process is probably for the seller to take the shaft(s) from the case, process the purchase, and hand the cue to the buyer. Done. How many buyers ask any questions about the shaft or inspect it (the wood itself, not the joint ring or the exotic ferrule)? So it seems that the butt's visual appeal would take priority for all concerned.

I'm sure some cuemakers put a lot of effort into the quality of their shafts, but generally I wouldn't take shaft quality as a foregone conclusion.

Edit: When I posted this, I was thinking of solid maple shafts.

Last edited:

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To stop this Communication. Simple You don't known Dieckman and what he did ! Shame on you! search online about Dieckman, if you want the answer! He Dead so if don't matter.. only for history.. The question is who make the best shaft today. Decreased was Dieckman .. Period!!

Last edited:

Flakeandrun

To stop this Communication. Simple You don't known Dieckman and what he did ! Shame on you! search online about Dieckman, if you want the answer! He Dead so if don't matter.. only for history.. The question is who make the best shaft today. Decreased was Dieckman .. Period!!
You come across as super aggressive. Reads like you've had a drink or two... I'll do a bit of my own research. Was just curious, and I don't think there is any shame in not knowing... RIP to what sounds like a fantastic stalwart for the game and the art of cue-making.

Still don't understand what your original gripe was about. But then I am also not interested anymore :)

Flakeandrun

That gets into the criteria for cuemakers to be worth their salt. Some are going to focus more on shafts, whereas others are going to be more concerned with the artistry of their cues' butts.

Here's my impression on the matter. When cues are displayed at shows, it's often just the butt. When somebody buys one of those cues from the rack, the most common process is probably for the seller to take the shaft(s) from the case, process the purchase, and hand the cue to the buyer. Done. How many buyers ask any questions about the shaft or inspect it (the wood itself, not the joint ring or the exotic ferrule)? In an atmosphere like that, the butt's visual appeal is likely to take priority for all concerned.

I don't doubt that some cuemakers put a lot of effort into the quality of their shafts, but generally I wouldn't take shaft quality as a foregone conclusion.
It's a climate with many factors, some often irrelevant, come together to determine what 'good' is.

As I mentioned above, there's a lot of nonsense in buying a pool cue, or what is marketed as good, and it is constantly changing. Find something that feels good, and make it be the 'best' cue in your hands :)

Reactions: LC3

Ģüśţāṿ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a climate with many factors, some often irrelevant, come together to determine what 'good' is.

As I mentioned above, there's a lot of nonsense in buying a pool cue, or what is marketed as good, and it is constantly changing. Find something that feels good, and make it be the 'best' cue in your hands :)
I think billiardshot's other post about bourbon answers the "are you drunk?" question. LOL

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You come across as super aggressive. Reads like you've had a drink or two... I'll do a bit of my own research. Was just curious, and I don't think there is any shame in not knowing... RIP to what sounds like a fantastic stalwart for the game and the art of cue-making.

Still don't understand what your original gripe was about. But then I am also not interested anymore :)
NO! I have more Than 5 Drinks .. Bourbon if your are interest!!

Simple put ... Dieckman cue shaft was done from an outsider compare on cue shaft.... Who else done a compare??? Shut your mouth!!