Vacuum Recommendations

chenjy9

Can anyone recommend a low power vacuum without any rotary brushes that will be good to use for cleaning my pool table cloth please? Thanks!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last edited:

Twocylndr

Picked up Dirt Devil at garage sale. It has rotary brushes; you can bypass them and use just a hose and attachments...don't get a Dust Devil to use the hose attachment, it isn't very powerful. I have no issue using the brushes.

mrpiper

Registered
ANY of the rechargeable "Dust Buster" type vacuums have a relatively low suction and most all come with a brush attachment. Very low cost solution.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That looks like an old Royal. I wonder if B-wick used them to make them. Built like a tank. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/39382566366...d=link&campid=5335988529&toolid=20001&mkevt=1
Looks very similar. I'm not a fan of the rotating brushes though. Here's the Brunswick unit, "The Tablechief" as seen in the 1964 Brunswick Mail Order Catalog.

Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 8.37.55 AM.png

chenjy9

Thanks for the rec! Simonis rep recommended a Dustbuster with less than 2 horsepower of suction power. Problem is, none of them market in HP anymore :(

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
In all honesty, unless you like vacuuming, you're better off going to a big box store and getting a generic "roomba" robot vacuum for under $100.

They have short bristles... it doesn't matter. They aren't like the old "beater bars" of days gone by. I've used one for several years, the pool hall near me uses one daily for several years. They don't hurt the cloth and they save you the tedium of doing it yourself. You literally sit the thing on the table at the end of your session and hit "30 minutes." They can even work in the dark.