Unsigned Thomas Wayne

kemperg

I have the priviledge of knowing Julian Roberts who has worked for AccuStats for years. In 1993, Julian, knowing I had an interest in cues, asked me to go with him to the first meeting of American Cue Makers. At this event, I found Thomas Wayne's booth and having my cue with me, he wanted to examine it. Then, seeing the cue, Thomas said it was not his, he always signed his cues. However, a women with a strong Jamaican accent, said that she remembered when he was working on the cue..Fortunately, for me, Julian was standing near me and can verify that Thomas Wayne eventually admitted that it was his cue. He offered to take it back with him to Alaska and sign it. Alaska was too far away for the cue to be out of my sight. I believe that a personal admittance by Thomas Wayne says it all. I will be listing some valuable cues and billiard-related articles. For example, a 50-year old Joss West made in Maryland. I will have a variety of photos of players both pool and billiard.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Welcome to AZ.

There is a dedicated section for buying and selling cues. Just a heads up in case you may be unaware of that. Good luck with your cues!

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
without a letter of authorization you just have a cue unless its obviously one of his.
and i never heard of him and dont know if his cues are collectable or not.
you are new here and be careful what you are trying to pass off for sale.

kemperg

without a letter of authorization you just have a cue unless its obviously one of his.
and i never heard of him and dont know if his cues are collectable or not.
you are new here and be careful what you are trying to pass off for sale.
First of all, I am not trying to pass this off to anyone. I don't recall using the word "sale": why did you assume that? I just wanted to advertise myself to other members, since I do have other cues and memorabilia to sell. Type in "Thomas Wayne" and acquaint yourself with a remarkable cue maker.

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the priviledge of knowing Julian Roberts who has worked for AccuStats for years. In 1993, Julian, knowing I had an interest in cues, asked me to go with him to the first meeting of American Cue Makers. At this event, I found Thomas Wayne's booth and having my cue with me, he wanted to examine it. Then, seeing the cue, Thomas said it was not his, he always signed his cues. However, a women with a strong Jamaican accent, said that she remembered when he was working on the cue..Fortunately, for me, Julian was standing near me and can verify that Thomas Wayne eventually admitted that it was his cue. He offered to take it back with him to Alaska and sign it. Alaska was too far away for the cue to be out of my sight. I believe that a personal admittance by Thomas Wayne says it all. I will be listing some valuable cues and billiard-related articles. For example, a 50-year old Joss West made in Maryland. I will have a variety of photos of players both pool and billiard.

It's not signed and no letter of authenticity....it wont sell as a T Wayne

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First of all, I am not trying to pass this off to anyone. I don't recall using the word "sale": why did you assume that? I just wanted to advertise myself to other members, since I do have other cues and memorabilia to sell. Type in "Thomas Wayne" and acquaint yourself with a remarkable cue maker.
Do you have a picture of the joint screw and possibly the measurements of it. 3/8x10 undersized.
Far right

Attachments

• IMG_20200322_013517.jpg
    IMG_20200322_013517.jpg
    558 KB · Views: 79

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
if you have a guy that signs his cues and someone has one that may be his but isnt signed, you need confirmation.
if you want a premium if selling.

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
I think most here are familiar with him and his cues. I wonder how familiar you are with cues though as your OP mentions a “50 year old Joss West made in Maryland”. Original block letter Joss cues were made in Maryland by Bill Stroud and Danny Janes. Bill Stroud split a few years later and went back on the road as a player and then founded Joss West cues which were customs made by Bill, they weren’t made in Maryland. Joss cues were and are still made in Maryland, just for the record.

kemperg

I think most here are familiar with him and his cues. I wonder how familiar you are with cues though as your OP mentions a “50 year old Joss West made in Maryland”. Original block letter Joss cues were made in Maryland by Bill Stroud and Danny Janes. Bill Stroud split a few years later and went back on the road as a player and then founded Joss West cues which were customs made by Bill, they weren’t made in Maryland. Joss cues were and are still made in Maryland, just for the record.

Toxictom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I came across a story sometime ago about someone sending Thomas Wayne an unsigned cue and him threatening to cut it into pieces because it wasn’t made by him after the guy kept badgering him and telling him it was. It may have been on AZBs predecessor site.

Maybe this is that cue. 😆

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I came across a story sometime ago about someone sending Thomas Wayne an unsigned cue and him threatening to cut it into pieces because it wasn’t made by him after the guy kept badgering him and telling him it was. It may have been on AZBs predecessor site.

Not to derail this thread, but I always love those stories about him. I don’t think he has been on this forum in some time.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think ya'll might be being a bit tough on this one.

I mean guys can figure out if a cue is a Balabuska, Szamboti, or Paradise without documentation, so why not a Wayne?

And BTW, he's probably created some of the most remarkable cues ever made, such as Dem Bones and Celtic Prince.

Lou Figueroa
you know a cue is sumthin'
when it's got its own name

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    12.3 KB · Views: 111
  • images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    6.7 KB · Views: 105

shooter_Hans

Lol

I certainly want to read this.

Last edited:

kemperg