Jayson Shaw another huge high run of 560

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well I’m still amazed at the accomplishment that Jayson Shaw has done.
Jayson ran an incredible 560 playing straight pool surpassing the G.O.A.T. Willie Mosconi’s World record high run of 526 for the 2nd time now.
Jayson has ran over the 500 mark 3x now with a 508/560 and 714 and certainly is the G.O.A.T. Of High Runs.
As a fierce competitor and World Champion it still isn’t enough in his mind as his quest is to break the 1,000 mark. Jayson will return in September on his quest at the 1,000 mark. Thanks everyone for viewing all his runs and the nice comments and messages to Jayson Shaw and The Legends Of Pocket Billiards.
The run is available to watch on The Legends of Pocket Billiards Facebook Page for free.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Was the run with old phenolic resin or gen 4 phenolic resin?

Who supplied the cloth, different manufacturers have different tolerances? So if its from the research factory or the production factory, quality matters for a high run. At least if they had proper inspectors for record keeping. Some engineers take inspections very seriously.

WADA inspectors are the worse type, they are poorly trained, lack patient centered practices and are paid off by sports organizations they are meant to inspect, so corruption is high and has hit many sports.

Last edited:

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m definitely tired of hearing about pocket seizes! Running that Many balls requires tremendous concentration and skill. I don’t care what size they are.
Absolutely! That and the BCA put out the regulations on high-run attempts. They allow up to 5" corners and 5.3" sides. Hypothetically Jayson could run 800 on 4.25" pockets and then Joshua could turn around and run 900 on 5" pockets. Jayson's attempt would be more impressive, but Joshua's attempt would be the official record. In that case, Jayson would have been more logical for Jayson to make his attempt on 5" to start with.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Is Jayson's dad more famous than Jayson?

I talked to some youth from Dublin and they are like Jayson is famous but his dad is like more known to them.

As if Jayson is a pony in a trick show. Then there are the guys Jayson's dad played with, those are the stories to hear

Jayson practice and winning records is not really a story on this forum, that is his job description.

Who else would get paid to break the record. Some crazy MFer at home unaffiliated to the pro scene maybe.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bobby, did you see any difference in his strategy this time around? I don't have a good 14.1 scrutinizing eye. I thought he was favoring a top-spin break shot (coming near the corner pocket) with a more firm shot. Last time I thought he more commonly used draw into the stack on his break shot. But that could just be me not catching the nuances of the situation or remembering wrong.

Hirsty

Is Jayson's dad more famous than Jayson?

I talked to some youth from Dublin and they are like Jayson is famous but his dad is like more known to them.

As if Jayson is a pony in a trick show. Then there are the guys Jayson's dad played with, those are the stories to hear

Jayson practice and winning records is not really a story on this forum, that is his job description.

Who else would get paid to break the record. Some crazy MFer at home unaffiliated to the pro scene maybe.
I'm from about 90 miles away from where they're from. His dad was quite well know on the English 8 Ball scene but Jayson is on a whole different level.

It should be noted that Pool is really seen as second tier to Snooker in the British Isles both in prestige and payouts - if you are good enough with a cue to go professional then Snooker is what you train towards, if you aren't good enough to be a Snooker pro then you look at other cue sports. So Shaw's dad was playing a niche within a niche. Jayson has had much more exposure by playing in the US.

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really, that counts? lololololol!
Blackball is a tougher game than "American" 8 Ball. It's not a better game, it's a crap game that shouldn't exist. But the reality is it is tougher and anyone who excels at it will beat most 700s fargos in their sleep. "Really, that counts? lololololol!" just makes you sound like a twinklestump.

Last edited:

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know some people don't like Shaw because of his prickly personality
Jayson sponsored my product for a brief time so I met him on a more personal level than most. Him and his wife are very nice. Years later his step-dad talked to me for an hour and even read my palms, lol, telling me that the woman of my life was very close, and that she would have specific personality traits that he explained, that she would have come from another country, etc. The very next weekend I met her, and got married exactly one year later to the day. I told the story to Ara so she could tell him his prophecy came true, exactly as he said.

Mike Dechaine is another person whom I always thought was nice in person.

I think maybe intense competition can make people show an untrue part of their character.

IMG_6681.jpeg

IMG_2044.jpeg

IMG_1142.jpeg

Last edited:

stevelomako

God Bless America
Silver Member
@wrldpro

I’m surprised that no one has ever tried to break Willie’s run on the same type table.

We used to talk about that all the time, why are people trying it on something different.

Did you ever consider it?

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
@wrldpro

I’m surprised that no one has ever tried to break Willie’s run on the same type table.

We used to talk about that all the time, why are people trying it on something different.

Did you ever consider it?
I don’t think there is much interest. Do home run records need to be broken on the same field? Do Olympic records need to be broken in the same country?

It has already been broken on what people believe to be more difficult equipment.

Last edited:

stevelomako

God Bless America
Silver Member
I

I don’t think there is much interest. Do home run records need to be broken on the same field? Do Olympic records need to be broken in the same country?

It has already been broken on what people believe to be more difficult equipment.
The 100 meter and the 10,000 meter races are still that.

People are trying to compare what Willie Mosconi did. Wouldn’t a comparison on the same table be easier.

Otherwise do it on a 6x12