Sick and tired of Predator “nightmare customer service” 😠

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Hello everyone,

I hope you can help me to rise my voice against Predator Customer service.

This is my PREDATOR LE Ebony True-Splice cue. Few months ago when I was cleaning my cues, I noticed a straight mark in the butt of the cue, close to the bottom, in fact, it looks more like a crack than a scratch and it starts from the peak of the bottom veneers and goes down to the bottom ring.
I think there is a material or fabrication defect on the cue, therefore I wrote to Predator customer service but they didn’t take any responsibility, they only said “it’s not covered by the warranty”. I sent different mails but I just got the same response.​

It’s important to mention that this cue has never been played, because I wanted it as a collectible item, even it always has been in its original cue case since I bought it.

I’m very disappointed because it’s not fair to paid more than $1k for a worthless cue and just being ignored.

I had to learn in the bad way, because I’ll never will buy any other product from this brand, but I want that at least of of the bosses in the company knows what kind of crap the are selling.

If anyone has had a similar issue and has gotten a positive answer please let me know how to address this situation.

View attachment 754518
Could you post your original receipt and prove you are not just on here knocking Predator and trying to force them to fix a damaged cue you bought at the pawn shop? If you do have the receipt from Predator your credibility will sky rocket.

J. Learned Hand

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
She has NO clue how lo-defl. shafts actually work and if you quiz her on it she gets real pissy real quick. Her 'high moral compass' has ZERO to do with her lack of knowledge and her complete beligerence when faced with things she has no clue about.
I have read many of your posts on AZ and its very clear that you are an argumentative prick to everyone 100% of the time.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
And by the way, Predator has an industry accepted warranty and the Customer Service Representatives do not have the discretion to vary from what is called out in that warranty.

If you are looking for repair/replace under warranty you need to produce "your" original receipt from an authorized dealer. The receipt is mandatory for all warranty claims. Once you get that far, then you will email photos ands describe the damage. Then Predator will determine if the damage is covered. If it is covered they will issue you an RMA# and email you a shipping label. If not, they will notify you about their ruling.

Sounds like you just mailed your cue it and tried to bogart your way into getting it fixed.

Last edited:

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
But he isn’t wrong about Kim
Plenty of locals know that side of her well
Let me ask you a question, do you believe the OP bought this cue new from an authorized dealer? That's what this thread is about. Why pile up on Kim? She's a pro pool player trying to make a living. She doesn't write the corporate / legal warranty policy, she's just the messenger doing her job and that email is an automated response.

Step #1 is; produce your original receipt.

Last edited:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
' How many companies sell shafts that have a ferrule, a pad, and a tip? Is that a Predator thing?
'
So they said the revo needs that thin pad between the tip and the shaft. There is no ferrule but like I said they replaced the shaft anyway and just told me to make sure I have reputable dealer do it next time. In all fairness the predator revo was a new thing at the time and no one knew much about them.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And by the way, Predator has an industry accepted warranty and the Customer Service Representatives do not have the discretion to vary from what is called out in that warranty.

If you are looking for repair/replace under warranty you need to produce "your" original receipt from an authorized dealer. The receipt is mandatory for all warranty claims. Once you get that far, then you will email photos ands describe the damage. Then Predator will determine if the damage is covered. If it is covered they will issue you an RMA# and email you a shipping label. If not, they will notify you about their ruling.

Sounds like you just mailed your cue it and tried to bogart your way into getting it fixed.
They didn’t ask me for a receipt at all with my revo. I didn’t even complain to them . They read az and saw the pics of what happened to my revo and asked me to send it to them so they could take a look And even though they said it was my fault for removing the pad they replaced it anyway

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
they make cues for the more novice players and reflect that in their prices. they also do honor real warranty work that they decide is warranted.
thats what any business does. most will not repair or replace things out of warranty or not covered in their mind.

its their decision to make and when you buy you are at their mercy.
i wouldnt replace a cue that split two years after it was bought. wood can split for many reasons other than it being bad.
For more novice players 😂 ok

vincett

The latest stuff that I needed warranty was my washer, which I had extended warranty with a local shop, they had me logged in with name and address, as long as it matches up and within warranty, it was taken care of.

Next thing was my gaming monitor, and I had to drive 30 mins to my bestbuy place where I bought it, tried to figure out when I got my monitor and asked for the reprinting of the receipt. It took the bestbuy clerk about 20 minutes to have found it. So, it depends on the place and the company, but I agree that having a receipt is almost always a factor to get your RMA or not

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
They didn’t ask me for a receipt at all with my revo. I didn’t even complain to them . They read az and saw the pics of what happened to my revo and asked me to send it to them so they could take a look And even though they said it was my fault for removing the pad they replaced it anyway
I hear you. You mentioned it was early in the release of Revo and they were trying to get out in front of any issues. Based on the posts in this thread, it sounds like the OP shipped the cue in and tried to force them to repair it without providing proof of purchase. Totally different story.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I cannot imagine he bought the cue as we see it now. If so he has zero claim and would likely know that or I would hope so.

The fact that it’s cracked through the veneers is very troubling. Looks like more than just wood checking.

Either way that is a major headache. I’d be hammering Predators showing that cue everywhere on social media. On their FB page would be a good start!

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
The latest stuff that I needed warranty was my washer, which I had extended warranty with a local shop, they had me logged in with name and address, as long as it matches up and within warranty, it was taken care of.

Next thing was my gaming monitor, and I had to drive 30 mins to my bestbuy place where I bought it, tried to figure out when I got my monitor and asked for the reprinting of the receipt. It took the bestbuy clerk about 20 minutes to have found it. So, it depends on the place and the company, but I agree that having a receipt is almost always a factor to get your RMA or not
Correct, and how in the hell is that the fault of the Customer Service Rep? Funny when the biggest billergient member on this forum calls someone else billergient. Laughable.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hear you. You mentioned it was early in the release of Revo and they were trying to get out in front of any issues. Based on the posts in this thread, it sounds like the OP shipped the cue in and tried to force them to repair it without providing proof of purchase. Totally different story.
I actually got that feeling when it occurred. It was with in the first year of production I believe and any failures they wanted to see why.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have read many of your posts on AZ and its very clear that you are an argumentative prick to everyone 100% of the time.
Thanks i'll take that as a compliment. KN constantly feeds people complete bullshit when it comes to cues. I don't care if you like what i say but i don't make shit up and put it out as fact. She does.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
the pic to me shows a couple tiny scratches near the split and next to it it looks like there is some kind of dent or something.

and wood doesnt split like that on its own.

i bet it got caught in something or someone did it while the op wasnt around. and he thinks it just happened naturally.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Correct, and how in the hell is that the fault of the Customer Service Rep? Funny when the biggest billergient member on this forum calls someone else billergient. Laughable.
She doesn't know much about how her own co's products work. Or any cue for that matter. Me, and others, have tried to explain that she's off-base with her info but she won't have any of it. She gets real pissy when you point out FACTS. She could easily learn a few things from the engineers but shes either too lazy or too arrogant to find out. Call it what you want.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Feel free to put me on Ignore pal. As long as KN/Pred keep dishing out bad info how am i at fault for calling them on it??

DeeDeeCues

the pic to me shows a couple tiny scratches near the split and next to it it looks like there is some kind of dent or something.

and wood doesnt split like that on its own.

i bet it got caught in something or someone did it while the op wasnt around. and he thinks it just happened naturally.

That is precisely how ebony splits on its own.

Attachments

• PXL_20240420_220425336.jpg
    PXL_20240420_220425336.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 66