Recent content by 11Cues

  1. 1

    Brunswick cue info

    I know this thread is a few years old, but I recently acquired two matching vintage Brunswick two-piece cues that share several of the same features discussed here — longitudinal gold BRUNSWICK branding, circular B treatment, and related older brass joint hardware. I’m currently trying to...
  2. 1

    Two Matching Vintage Brunswick Full-Splice Two-Piece Cues — Help Identifying Model/Era

    I’m hoping some of the Brunswick collectors here can help identify and date an unusual two-piece Brunswick configuration. I recently acquired two apparently matching vintage Brunswick cues that surfaced independently from widely separated geographical locations. After getting both of them in...
  3. 1

    Is my Mali an M-8 or a T-11?

    I found my way to this thread while trying to identify a Mali I recently picked up, and based on the prior comments and observations here, I believe this one is a T-11 Trophy Series cue. It has the green Mali logo, four dark points into highly figured maple, stitch rings, a stainless piloted...
  4. 1

    Possible Abe Rich Merry Widow — Looking for Confirmation

    That’s fantastic! Once Curly mentioned Viking and I actually put them side-by-side, I knew there was definitely something going on there. You nailed it. The Murrey connection explains a lot, particularly why so much of the construction was pointing toward Viking while some of the details...
  5. 1

    Possible Abe Rich Merry Widow — Looking for Confirmation

    Curly’s Viking suggestion got me curious enough to pull out an older marked Viking I have here and put the two side by side. There are definitely some interesting similarities, particularly the forearm proportions, long joint pin, brass joint, and the fact that both use a push-in style bumper...
  6. 1

    Possible Abe Rich Merry Widow — Looking for Confirmation

    That actually has merit. 👍
  7. 1

    Possible Abe Rich Merry Widow — Looking for Confirmation

    I recently picked up this older Merry Widow and, after going through the construction pretty closely and comparing it directly with two known Rich cues I own, I’m leaning pretty strongly toward Abe Rich. I’d appreciate opinions from anyone familiar with Abe’s work, particularly if you see...
  8. 1

    Unmarked Custom Cue ID — Possible Early Chris Drew?

    Good catch. “Sharp” was probably too strong a description. They’re long and narrow, but the tips are slightly rounded. 👍
  9. 1

    Unmarked Custom Cue ID — Possible Early Chris Drew?

    Thanks, I appreciate it. She is a beauty, and I’ve had her for a while, but just decided today to see if I could put a name to her face. 👍
  10. 1

    Unmarked Custom Cue ID — Possible Early Chris Drew?

    I’m circling back to an unmarked cue I picked up some time ago and have recently started researching more seriously. I initially didn’t give it a great deal of thought, but the more closely I look at the construction, the more interesting it becomes. The cue appears to be an older American...
  11. 1

    Older Merry Widow Cue Identification – Pointed 5/16×14 Piloted Joint

    Thanks, Chop, that’s exactly the kind of detail I was looking for. I agree, the devil is definitely in the details. I’m going to keep digging and see if I can find another example that gets me any closer.
  12. 1

    Older Merry Widow Cue Identification – Pointed 5/16×14 Piloted Joint

    Okay, I thought we had identified both cues at once, but I’m now seeing the other one up close and realizing it’s not quite the same. It appears to be very similar construction, but there are some specific differences: Known Adam A/H-20 Weight: 16.8 oz Length: 57.5” Joint: 5/16x18 Collar...
  13. 1

    Possible Ricco Cervantes / Gandy Cue – Rosewood Titlist?

    And it’s a beauty!
  14. 1

    Possible Ricco Cervantes / Gandy Cue – Rosewood Titlist?

    Thanks, Chopdoc! Really appreciate the confirmation on the HC-150. Would this one fall into the Ricco Cervantes period as well?
  15. 1

    Possible Ricco Cervantes / Gandy Cue – Rosewood Titlist?

    I recently picked up this unmarked cue and have been trying to work through the construction before assigning anything to it. At this point, I suspect it may be an early Gandy cue by Ricco Cervantes, possibly built from a rosewood Brunswick Titlist blank. I’m hoping someone familiar with these...
Back
Top