Recent content by CageyCraigey

  1. C

    Could straight pool thrive with a gimmick format?

    OK how does this format sound. 30 minutes duration with 15 minutes per man. (Use a chess style clock) and if you run out of time, your opponent then gets ten shots without interruption. 9 Ball plus 1 colored ball. Balls set up in a 9 ball diamond with the colored ball on the center spot of...
  2. C

    Anyone Wanna Play in Winston-Salem this weekend?

    Hi! Anyone interested in playing in Winston-Salem this weekend? Free from 12-4 Saturday and any time on Sunday at Breaktime in Clemmons, NC. Fargo 330 but beat a 476 6-5 in league last week! 8/9 Ball, 7 foot or 9 foot, makes no difference to me! DM if interested! Cheers, Craig
  3. C

    I Want To Buy Something

    Time with a good instructor! On this forum 336Robin. Great teacher!
  4. C

    Anyone in the Winston-Salem area wanna play this weekend?

    Usually go to Breaktime. Can play 8/9/10/14.1(Straight) and Snooker. I have the weekend free so can fit around anyones schedule. Cheers Craig
  5. C

    Anyone in North or East Atlanta on Tuesday Night?

    I am at the back by the machines
  6. C

    Anyone in North or East Atlanta on Tuesday Night?

    I go into town, ok/ See ya at 7pm!
  7. C

    Anyone in North or East Atlanta on Tuesday Night?

    That would be awesome. I look forward to meeting you!
  8. C

    Anyone in North or East Atlanta on Tuesday Night?

    Hi People! I am going to the World Cup on Wednesday. Staying at Norcross, GA. Anyone want to play for a couple of hours, say 7-9PM at Mr. Cues II (or a place of your choice) Tuesday night? Cheers. Craig
  9. C

    Cue Tip Left a week ago.

    Hi People. Left my shaft to get a new cue tip at the pool hall on Monday, prepaid with instructions to text when done. Went back Thursday, was not done. Going back tomorrow, Tuesday, hope the local guy who doesn't do them on site has it done. If it is not there Tuesday, what do you guys suggest...
  10. C

    Winston-Salem Pool

    Hi People! I may be relocating to Winston-Salem later this year. Could not find much online about good pool halls and good leagues in the area. Anyone in that neck of the woods have some insight to share, please? Thank you.
  11. C

    Restoring wrap advice.

    Do not quite know how this works with pool cues but I can get leather wraps for golf clubs for $30 (I think after Arnold Palmer died, I am the only person in the world still using leather for golf grips, lol) - maybe worth looking into?
  12. C

    My New Cue Buying Experience!

    Frankie: Loving the journey. Want to be an APA Level 5 by the end of the year, 3 right now!
  13. C

    My New Cue Buying Experience!

    Oh there is a tonne of great advice and insight there, thank you so much indeed!!
  14. C

    Commentaries on Streaming Pool Matches.

    It may not be the case commentating in all sports but you can definitely in a sport like horse racing easily spot the well prepared caller who memorizes and calls through binoculars versus those who do not and are looking at a monitor. Or those who have not changed their style in 30-40 years.
  15. C

    Commentaries on Streaming Pool Matches.

    As a professional commentator who has often ha to cover events O new practically zero about one of the first things you learn is to study the rules, identify the moves and say as little as possible. I once had to do figure skating but thank God I had an analyst who knew the sport well. A month...
Back
Top