Recent content by fjk

  1. F

    Cue identification

    Cool looking cue (cept the wrap...I'd like to kick someone in the nuts for deciding on that wrap).
  2. F

    Shaw vs. Doung Quoc Hoang

    All that firepower is a double-edged sword. When you possess insane natural talent and shot making skills, it's probably difficult to make yourself grind, focus, and concentrate. I think this is one of Shaw's problems. Earl too.
  3. F

    Am I the Only One Who Noticed…

    Just the way we like um'!
  4. F

    Am I the Only One Who Noticed…

    All women should look exactly like her. Maybe just add some hair color variations.
  5. F

    Antique Brunswick One Piece Cues Questions

    Here's the other part to my estate sale find. There were two more cues I left there because they were shorter and didn't have the old Brunswick labels. I paid $30 for the whole group and left those two because I thought they were garbage. Then I found this on eBay (image below). Yup, those...
  6. F

    Antique Brunswick One Piece Cues Questions

    I assumed the holes on the butt end were for bumpers, but I looked closer and unless my eyes seen wrong, they don't have threads. They look to be straight formed (drilled) holes. I was wondering if that's the center hole used to hold them in the lathe. I expected to see rough threaded holes...
  7. F

    Antique Brunswick One Piece Cues Questions

    That's an idea I'll explore. So far I only have $30 invested in seven. I'm guessing the work to fix them up into good sneakies would be a few hundred each. Still might be worth it though.
  8. F

    Antique Brunswick One Piece Cues Questions

    I thought about that too. If they were to be taken down, could they be taken down all at once? I can't imagine any moisture left in that wood.
  9. F

    Antique Brunswick One Piece Cues Questions

    I bought these old Brunswick cues at an estate sale this weekend. Shockingly, they are reasonably straight. The problem is a few are missing ferrules and a few ferrules are cracked. So, Are they worth getting repaired for cool old house cues? If so, should I also have them cleaned up? How...
  10. F

    Standard pool cues are too short

    My potting improves with a longer cue. It's a noticeable difference.
  11. F

    Am I the Only One Who Noticed…

    I thoroughly enjoyed watching that. Nominations for post of the year.
  12. F

    Pagulayan weighs in on CB last

    Not only am I unsure what ball I m supposed to look at last, I don't even know what ball I do look at last. My game may be screwed up even worse now that I'll be thinking about it. Thanks.
  13. F

    What are “Soft Hands”?

    "Soft hands" is a tennis expression. John McEnroe was famous for having soft hands. It just means good control and "feel" for delicate shots.
  14. F

    U.S. OPEN 2026, Frisco, Texas, August 25-30

    He's a talented guy that's capable of beating anyone if he's dialed in. Still, I agree the final 16 is a good showing for him.
Back
Top