Recent content by fogboundturtle

  1. fogboundturtle

    Savannah “The RoadRunner” Easton using a wood shaft?

    They are probably just as good as all the other CF shaft on the market. There is some incredible CF shaft coming out of China that are shockingly good for the price. Once the tariff war ends, I might order the Joss CF shaft.
  2. fogboundturtle

    Savannah “The RoadRunner” Easton using a wood shaft?

    Yes, LD is mostly marketing bs even though it's scientifically provable. Cue manufacturer emphasis its significance as if it was a determining factor between a well build shaft or one that is not. I love m Joss Cue. It's a great shooter but most day, I have a revo shaft on it. That's just the...
  3. fogboundturtle

    Savannah “The RoadRunner” Easton using a wood shaft?

    and I have a Can-Am Spyder and most people think it's not a "real motorcycle". Yet its it he most comfortable vehicle to travel. Back to the subject. CF shaft being superior to wood shaft does not render wood shaft not good. Both option are good. CF is just a superior material. This is not...
  4. fogboundturtle

    FairCue software is the most advanced Pool Tournament/League management software on the market

    I created a brand new Free Edition with less restriction and no more 14 days trial. You can use it as much as you want but you are limited in certain functionality and numbers of players. https://github.com/fogboundturtle/FairCueDemo
  5. fogboundturtle

    Savannah “The RoadRunner” Easton using a wood shaft?

    It's true. Carbon does not make you a better player. I am the proof of that but it is easier to maintain and does provide more kinetic energy transfer than your old school wood shaft. Today's wood shaft have CF insert in them and are pretty darn good compare to the 90s maple shaft.
  6. fogboundturtle

    FairCue software is the most advanced Pool Tournament/League management software on the market

    If this is not against rules of this forum. This is where you can buy it: https://fogbound7.gumroad.com/l/FairCue
  7. fogboundturtle

    Savannah “The RoadRunner” Easton using a wood shaft?

    Let me give you a better analogy. You may prefer driving a car with a manual transmission but a dual clutch transmission is by far faster and superior. It shift faster than any human can. You say warpage is overstated but I am guess you don't live in a nordic country. One of my buddy had to...
  8. fogboundturtle

    Savannah “The RoadRunner” Easton using a wood shaft?

    Change is hard. Some people adapt others can't. That's why wood shaft still exist even though CF is a superior material for cues. It doesn't warp. If you ever live in a northern region, cold won't impact your cues. You can leave it in the car even at -40c and it will be fine. Don't try that...
  9. fogboundturtle

    FairCue software is the most advanced Pool Tournament/League management software on the market

    I have a link to purchase on Gumroad. If you DM me, I will provide it to you. You have three seats with the licenses. Yes, there is no overlord watching over you. you can run all 3 at the same times. I have no issue with that. When I say 100% offline I mean it. We only check the license through...
  10. fogboundturtle

    Are high end predators hard to sell on the secondary market?

    Yeah. I had a talk with him before I bought my Joss Cue. Great guy and he knows his sh*t. My Joss cue has become my main queue and it's hard to ask for anything more in a queue.
  11. fogboundturtle

    FairCue software is the most advanced Pool Tournament/League management software on the market

    Hi everyone, I'm a pool player and the developer of FairCue, a Windows desktop program for running pool tournaments and leagues. Why it's different 100% offline. It runs on your PC with no internet needed. That means no dropped Wi-Fi in a basement pool hall, no cloud account, and your player...
  12. fogboundturtle

    Jflowers W Anniversary Bundle

    What ?? Its all real inlays not some hd graphics printing.
  13. fogboundturtle

    Savannah “The RoadRunner” Easton using a wood shaft?

    and where did you get that information ? Players play CF because it is superior to wood shaft. This is just evolution and some people are less than capable of adapting to change. That doesn't make wood shaft not good enough. You always adapt to your gear so with a shorter bridge, you can...
  14. fogboundturtle

    Jflowers W Anniversary Bundle

    it certainly not. it's an new shaft construction. So no one really knows how good or bad it is right now. It's called F8. There isn't any information or test that has been conducted on this particular model of shaft. I don't even know what kind of tip the shaft comes with. There is only...
  15. fogboundturtle

    Jflowers W Anniversary Bundle

    it's been out of stock since yesterday. I think they sold their initial batch in minutes.
Back
Top