Yes of course there are but with the consistent breaks in between every race and the short races you simply never will see what I said already in my last post.
Good old fashioned "long" races have one big thing that the best of short races can never have. The chance of a big dramatic comeback. OOOOOO someone was down 0-3 and won 4-3, big deal happens all the damn time and isn't all that unlikely. Someone is down 7-8-9 to 0 and comes back to win, thats...
This reminds me of poker solvers. People can get really in the weeds with this stuff. Nerd Fodder more than anything. That's not meant to be an insult at all, more just to say that these numbers are not particularly predictive/reliable in ONE MATCH or even ONE EVENT. Over the course of 1000...
I probably watch more pool matches than 90-95% of folks on here. Packages aren't the problem people make them out to be. It's pretty rare actualy that anyone and I mean anyone runs 4 racks. 2 does happen a lot but 3 is not something you should expect to see in any tournament match you watch in...
I prefer the predator viewing product myself but I also just don't like matchroom in general. I hate what they've done to the us open (laughably short races for starters I could go on), what they've done to commentary and their insistence on the hideous balls as a standard. Only good thing...
Yeah not trying to say its amazing but it is formulaically unlike what has been tried with pool and I think there's something there. A blueprint if you will.
Btw they have some LPGA/PGA crossover stuff upcoming...
A lot has been said in this thread and most of it is pretty hard to argue against.
But I'm surprised nobody has brought up the https://tglgolf.com It's a relatively new venture for golf and imo has some traction. Cities/teams etc ARE important for fan retention and brand loyalty. Most of the...
There kind of is already. Kind of...
It's played more like DFS style though where you pick each event. There's an iphone app called, wait for it... fantasy pool!
There are a lot of barriers why it won't work like football does mostly that the events aren't always easy to find or even know when...
When I first held a cue as a kid I got into it pretty quickly and discovered about a mile away from my house at Godfather's Pizza they had a couple 8' bar boxes. Well, I spent a lot of time there. Ate some good pizza and even messed around with the owner's daughter a little bit too haha. Good times
Definitely up to the tournament organizer.
But if you think youre an enormous favorite to win the lag against an opponent then it's unlikely them winning the first break is that big of a deal anyway . So in that case, you should just accept the coinflip and move on. Chances are you're not as...
Billy has every right to be upset with THE TIMING of the conversation. Right before a match is pretty unnecessary and downright cruel imo. But as others have said "rules is rules" and Matchroom makes them. This is what you signed up for even if you didn't read the fine print, it was there.
I'd have to be struggling pretty pretty pretty bad to notice such a thing. But if I noticed it, I'd never get it out of my head lol. I'd likely do something sneaky like ask the guy if he'd go get me some chips or something($5 in hand of course) just to move him.
A company that forces American commentators to use British vernacular, runs races to F&ckin 8 in the US OPEN and schedules the Mosconi cup the day after Thanksgiving when it's on American soil? That company? Yeah no, respect will simply never be given.
10% of profit.
Doubt he went for a lot in this field but just saying always get your money back first. I also believe 10% is pretty much what I do every time unless I just hate the guy I bought lol.