Recent content by jay helfert

  1. jay helfert

    PBS Women's 9 Ball World Championship

    Allison's records dwarf the rest of them!
  2. jay helfert

    PBS Women's 9 Ball World Championship

    How many wpba titles did Allison win? Same question for Karen? And in what years? It would be interesting to compare their records with the others you mention.
  3. jay helfert

    Pro Pocket Size TOO Small for 9 Ball

    The English golf ball was slightly smaller than the American one years ago!
  4. jay helfert

    Best Ring Game Rooms 5x10

    I used to practice with pool balls on my 10' snooker table. After an hour of that, the pool table looked easy.
  5. jay helfert

    2026 Reyes Cup - October 15-18

    As much as I like the Pinoy/Asian players, I think they are underdogs this year against a stacked ROW team. Nothing like last year! It's the real deal.this time around. Should be a lot more competitive than the MC. I'll be there sweating it. Wonder what the prize money is?
  6. jay helfert

    PBS Women's 9 Ball World Championship

    Kelly was the successor to the Allison/Karen era.
  7. jay helfert

    Is it time to play one pocket??

    Come visit me and you'll learn a few tricks of the trade.
  8. jay helfert

    Is it time to play one pocket??

    Patience is a virtue in One Pocket. You have to be willing to bunt the balls around for many innings before the right opportunity arises. Duck, duck, and duck some more! There are certain basics that many players don't know. I worked with several Pinoy players to help them improve their game...
  9. jay helfert

    Bad home table

    I took it seriously when I was hired to direct a tournament. I felt a sense of resonsibility.
  10. jay helfert

    Bad home table

    I also tried to stay low key but it wasn't possible in the pool rooms. Everybody knew the nickname Toupee Jay and they had me built up to be a strong player, which I was not. The real.players spotted me the seven or a couple of balls in One Pocket. On the second cue Ernie made for me I had him...
  11. jay helfert

    PBS Women's 9 Ball World Championship

    Thanks for clarifying this. As I'm sure you know most of Jeannette's titles were prior to Allison and Karen joining the tour. After Allison beat Jeannete in the Finals at the Bicycle Club everything changed. She and then Karen were the ones to beat for the next 10-15 years. They weren't really...
  12. jay helfert

    PBS Women's 9 Ball World Championship

    I'd like to see a record of those 30+ wins. I seriously doubt it.
  13. jay helfert

    PBS Women's 9 Ball World Championship

    I probably went to just as many WPBA tourneys back in the day. Allison and Karen dominated for a very long time. I'm certain they won over half the tournanents, maybe more like 75% of them. It was rare for someone else to win one.
  14. jay helfert

    PBS Women's 9 Ball World Championship

    Kind of like Keith in that respect. The most naturally gifted pool player I ever saw. Everybody knew that at his best he was in another world with what he could do, and make it look so easy. Believe me, even the top pros were afraid of a well rested Keith. If they had to play him they only...
  15. jay helfert

    Bad home table

    Yes I was lazy too, but got an invaluable education during those years. I learned how to take care of myself and what I was capable of. I'd like to think I developed the backbone that made me the man I became.
Back
Top