Recent content by jayman

  1. jayman

    What kind of Ferrell is this?

    they sure did. Viking can also be added to that list.
  2. jayman

    Radial or 3/8x10 Wrapless cue under $1000

    I have one of these. It does not have a logo on the butt. Both the butt and shaft are straight. The condition is fantastic. If it is of interest to you at $750 shipped Cont. U.S only, let me know. https://cuestore.eu/product/ob-135/
  3. jayman

    ISO: 3/8-10 Modified Butt only

    Why is it like pulling teeth to get a budget range from "Looking for" posts? It seems like a waste of time to even respond without some Idea what the budget looks like. But then when they are asked point blank, they won't bother to say? WTF!
  4. jayman

    ISO: 3/8-10 Modified Butt only

    I can offer an OB-135 Darts. it does not have a logo anymore. I would let it go for $600. shipped Cont. U.S. (I found a detailed description here https://usamadepooltables.com/ob-135-darts.html)
  5. jayman

    How much of a roll in cue is bad?

    I have those rollers, I have a lathe, and I just plain prefer to roll a cue nice and slow on a pool table where you can really just see what's happening. I laugh every time I see the guy selling a cue spinning it 90 miles an hour on a set of rollers as if you could tell anything at all from...
  6. jayman

    Want to Buy- Falcon cue

    P.M'D
  7. jayman

    Want to Buy- Falcon cue

    I have a fantastic Falcon they made for Bruswick. I don't think it's ever been chalked. I can take pics etc if your interested.
  8. jayman

    Carbide tipped cutoff tool

    Thank you, I have the standard Taig style lathe. I couldn't watch the you tube video because it wanted me to sign in to you tube ?? I does not look like it would go very deep. What diameter stock will it part?
  9. jayman

    Carbide tipped cutoff tool

    If I were using it often enough I would throw far more time and effort at it. But I have seen the parting tool I showed in the picture a couple times in the past that had the carbide tipped end. That's really all I need or want. Next time I see one I'll grab it and post pictures. I'm surprised...
  10. jayman

    Carbide tipped cutoff tool

    I don't have the quick change, But I have been considering getting one.
  11. jayman

    Carbide tipped cutoff tool

    Thanks Dave, Any leads on one? I am sick of this style. they will barely scratch phenolic without burning and they dull so fast on any thing else it's a pain in the ass. I can sharpen my carbide tools. So I'd prefer carbide.
  12. jayman

    Carbide tipped cutoff tool

    Cutting off. Any suggestions on a carbide alternative for cutting/parting would be very much appreciated.
  13. jayman

    Carbide tipped cutoff tool

    Cuesmith.
  14. jayman

    Carbide tipped cutoff tool

    Does anyone have a source to buy a carbide tipped cut off tool 1/4" x 1/4" something like this HSS one.
  15. jayman

    Soften Leather

    If you rub it with a piece of Waxed paper it will be nice and grippy tacky. If you play with it a lot it will eventually wear off the slick outer surface but it takes some time.
Back
Top