Recent content by kingwang

  1. K

    Is straights making a come back?

    Still going strong in the NYC area! There are at least three 14.1 leagues around here that I know of.
  2. K

    PBS Women's 9 Ball World Championship

    How do the teams get picked? I'm a fan of Ryan Hsu's game but I feel like it's been forever since I've seen him in international competition. He's one of dozen of elite Taiwanese players, so I wonder how they chose him out of that group.
  3. K

    Straight arm or no straight arm?

    Some of the best players in the world bend their bridge arm, though.
  4. K

    Straight arm or no straight arm?

    Usually players with a bent bridge arm would float their arm above the six there I think. It's just simply his form.
  5. K

    Straight arm or no straight arm?

    Both are accepted. Bent is probably a little more common, but look at players like Hohmann and Alcaide for examples of straight bridge arms.
  6. K

    The new U S. pro pool tour

    What's the name of the tour? Is there a site or Facebook page?
  7. K

    China Open

    Having the finals at 1:30am local is kinda insane, no? That's something I would expect at the Derby City Classic, not the China Open.
  8. K

    Breaking from the head spot

    Looks like this is a thing already. I've been casually following the Sharks Billiards Association, a pro 9 ball league in the Philippines. There are teams, drafts, etc just like the NBA and NFL and other team sports. Quality of play is extremely high - quite a few established 800+ players, and...
  9. K

    Thorpe blasts ‘one of the dumbest rules’ after becoming ineligible for USA Mosconi Cup team

    They're Filipino clickbait peddlers. This type of shit is what they always publish. They were having a field day last year during the whole Kaci wax-gate thing.
  10. K

    Chinese pool starting to steal more and more 9 ballers, even without the big prize pool

    Yes, poor word choice on my part. I meant it more as in "attracting". Unfortunately, I cannot edit the title now.
  11. K

    Chinese pool starting to steal more and more 9 ballers, even without the big prize pool

    There's a smaller Duya Golden Nine event going on in Malaysia right now. The first place prize is only $20k USD, tiny compared to the domestic Chinese events. Aside from the usual suspects (Ko brothers, Orcollo, etc) I was surprised by how many 9 ballers joined. Johann Chua Baseth Mocaibat...
  12. K

    U.S. OPEN 2026, Frisco, Texas, August 25-30

    Thorpe looks great. Hit a great bank after a Pongers miss and then broke and ran the next three racks.
  13. K

    U.S. OPEN 2026, Frisco, Texas, August 25-30

    I think rigging the draw is exactly how you lose credibility and mainstream attention. The NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, NCAA basketball and football, World Cup, and all other legitimate mainstream sports have a common through line: the tournament seeding is based off of performance, not marquee matchups.
  14. K

    U.S. OPEN 2026, Frisco, Texas, August 25-30

    I love how the comment section is basically 20 of the world's top pros saying "yep fuck that guy" 😂
  15. K

    650 Fargo Quits Six Figure Job to Pursue Pro Pool Dream...or YouTube Fame?

    That is correct, Mike Pruitt is a friend of mine.
Back
Top