Recent content by nataddrho

  1. nataddrho

    Is it time to play one pocket??

    It is the most creative of all pool games. It has a lot more to do with creating pressure over many innings than it does running out. You build an offense and try not to lose control of it, and try to force your opponent to make a mistake. It does require patience.
  2. nataddrho

    The very first glimpse of AI run-out intelligence

    Consumers are unrealistically biased with technology. Either they are skeptical that a new product has any useful value at all, or they are furious that it doesn’t have a feature they want. We can blame FAANG for setting the bar so high.
  3. nataddrho

    The very first glimpse of AI run-out intelligence

    I like the idea of a library with famous runouts during pro tournaments, where you can attempt to duplicate it. That might be a fun feature
  4. nataddrho

    Need to contact slide13 and boogieman

    Please DM me or help me contact them. Thanks
  5. nataddrho

    Cape Cod Billiards Academy with DigiBall

    https://www.facebook.com/share/p/1CbQRuC8yP/?mibextid=wwXIfr
  6. nataddrho

    Small games for a year

    Swertz is a machine. I could study him for years. I am very happy that I have mostly memorized simple lines and that I can make most bad position shots 80 percent of the time. Learning how to turn those into gather shots is the next step, and then learning how to stay on the dominant side of...
  7. nataddrho

    The very first glimpse of AI run-out intelligence

    This is such a good tool to get the new generation interested in pool. Even if it is installed on a couple tables at a restaurant/bar/pool hall, couples and groups would see it and want to try, if it told them what to do. You could have a demo running for it on the TV and they can notice it...
  8. nataddrho

    Cape Cod Billiards Academy with DigiBall

    I just wanted to share a link to Cape Cod Canal Billiards Academy, run and owned by John Nguyen, a certified PBIA instructor. He is borrowing the DigiBall from last year’s AZ passaround. Here he is working with a student on tip accuracy on a large screen TV. It is a blessing to have a real...
  9. nataddrho

    Small games for a year

    I am not close to 50 yet, but I am improving with line manipulation. Last night I got about 15 points in a row around the center short rail anchor in balkline in 71.2, with very good control of that area, before I lost it and had to open up the table again. I definitely couldn’t do that a few...
  10. nataddrho

    The very first glimpse of AI run-out intelligence

    On the other hand, you people buy and sell cues like baseball cards. Sourcing your own hardware helps reduce electronic waste because many people already have some of the equipment already.
  11. nataddrho

    The very first glimpse of AI run-out intelligence

    Your anxiousness is valid because we have never seen such a large change in technology during the lifetime of a generation. Gate keeping the entire pool world as a refuge isn’t realistic, even though you are allowed to be a Luddite (as Bob Jewett puts it). As long as we have capitalism and...
  12. nataddrho

    The very first glimpse of AI run-out intelligence

    The OP isn’t even the one that brought up pharmaceuticals. It’s best if this pool thread stays where it is and you move back to NPR lol By the way he is also correct about diet. That is probably the number one health driver, even more than exercise.
  13. nataddrho

    The very first glimpse of AI run-out intelligence

    Also think of absolute beginners… people who have never thought about the concept of positioning the cue ball at all. Never knew anything beyond making balls disappear. This visually shows how to think and can generate interest and brand new players.
  14. nataddrho

    The very first glimpse of AI run-out intelligence

    Lol! The first responders are the same group of people that sit on the internet in the middle of the day, squawk and then fly away like a bunch of seagulls. They haven’t made anything creative in their life, or have the desire to imagine how it could benefit anyone other than themselves. Garczar...
Back
Top