Recent content by Paul Bell

  1. Paul Bell

    Joss "Limited Series" cues

    Game Room Gorilla sells a bland model while PoolDawg's is different:
  2. Paul Bell

    New Tip Tool

    Regarding Gold Crown's black-plastic rubber-band tip holder, McDermott uses a rubber band without the holder to glue its tips on. See video.
  3. Paul Bell

    ZAN tips must be REALLY good !!! WTF

    I understand Zan Hybrid Max as having soft upper (contact area) layers and hard lower layers.
  4. Paul Bell

    McDermott GS Cues -- Where's the Love?

    McDermott needs to say something like your comments in its GS cue description:
  5. Paul Bell

    anyone use PAIR TipForge tip tool or similar ones?

    The video shapes tip too angled---like a cone head. The video, too, does nothing to protect the ferrule from glue sticking on it. Zeeder's ferrule looks like it has some glue on it (like mine without the gizmo).
  6. Paul Bell

    anyone use PAIR TipForge tip tool or similar ones?

    I like the idea but I doubt the knives can cut some hard tips and, especially, those with hard clear plastic bottoms as are found in Kamui clear tips or the Rhino Time Crystal.
  7. Paul Bell

    Kamui Tips Q/A

    Interesting. There might be something there, despite what appear to be minor changes in processing time or temperature, that affected the tips' glazing resistance. Processing time and temperature may be potentially major --- not minor --- changes in preparing the cue tip.
  8. Paul Bell

    Just when I thot I'd seen it all...

    Here is the link to your cue. I noticed it is an 8.5 ounce butt. Did you remove weights from the butt to make it 8.5 ounces? The Black Blade website shows the butts 10.5 ounces or more (see photo posted).
  9. Paul Bell

    Who makes 10.5mm shafts for pool besides Cuetec Cynergy?

    I may do that with the Jacoby Ultra Super Pro that can be turned down from 11.75 to as low as 10mm. Interesting cuemaking with 140 veneer pieces in the Ultra shaft and the Element butt with only veneers on the surface.
  10. Paul Bell

    Kamui Tips Q/A

    KamuiInsider: Some players have commented on how Kamui tips have changed. What changes has Kamui made in how it it makes its tips across the last twenty years?
  11. Paul Bell

    Who makes 10.5mm shafts for pool besides Cuetec Cynergy?

    Black Blade cues includes a 10.5mm shaft among its forward-weighted cues. It weighs 6.5 ounces and can be increased to 9.5 ounces. This is a FORWARD-WEIGHTED cue because the shaft is heavier than almost all other shafts (most shafts are about four ounces) and because the 10.5 ounce butt is...
  12. Paul Bell

    Just when I thot I'd seen it all...

    That's five ounces in the Counter-Weight and would double the weight of a normal shaft --- or enough to match the weight of the maximum weight of a Black Blade shaft.
  13. Paul Bell

    Just when I thot I'd seen it all...

    Mensabum: I could not find that word at Black Blade's website except for a customer's comments. Its possible that the weight is lightened in the first few inches of the shaft that causes deflection (but I doubt it). The customer: I was always afraid of a heavy shaft becaue they say it...
  14. Paul Bell

    Just when I thot I'd seen it all...

    Its the Indian and not the arrow but what if the shaft is ten ounces instead of most shafts' four ounces and the butt is ten ounces versus most butts' 16 ounces? Finally a cue that is different from other cues --- a Black Blade cue. Black Blade cues started as Liquid Weight cues which had...
  15. Paul Bell

    Kamui Tips Q/A

    I shape my cue tips before every day of play in part so that I can replace tips more often. I do not have a glazing problem. The problem I have had is that any tip that has a clear or plastic bottom to it, it is more likely the cue tip will pop off. That includes the Kamui clear tips, Rhino's...
Back
Top