Recent content by philly

  1. philly

    Joss HP The Natural shaft

    Try the Joss kielwood shaft. I love mine
  2. philly

    Are high end predators hard to sell on the secondary market?

    Stephen at the Joss shop is great to work with. He listens.
  3. philly

    Are high end predators hard to sell on the secondary market?

    Thank you. Going for that old school classic look. Steve and I went back and forth for about a year bouncing ideas off of each other. He is a very patient gentleman. The theme of the cue was fall colors and his kielwood shaft came with the cue. His father made a cue for me 10 years prior which...
  4. philly

    Are high end predators hard to sell on the secondary market?

    Curious. What did you pay for it?
  5. philly

    Are high end predators hard to sell on the secondary market?

    I know it's crazy. Picked this custom up about 8 months ago to my personal specificatins from inlays, colors, etc. and it cost much less than some of Preditor's high end machine made products. I just don't understand it.
  6. philly

    Are high end predators hard to sell on the secondary market?

    Predator is the absolute king of pool marketing. Sometimes I think that they are a marketing company that uses the pool diaspora to make their profits. I just don't see it. Frankly, some of their production cues are more costly than some customs and the pool world eats them up. They are great...
  7. philly

    Who broke the server yesterday 9/29/26?

    You and everyone else.
  8. philly

    Cue Order

    Consistently on the wro
  9. philly

    Where to buy?

    My frien Al, who you know too builds them.
  10. philly

    Cue Order

    Custom cues are a certain amount of eye candy too let's not forget. Aside from playability the person ordering the cue has a certain look, wood, colors, wraps, points, veneers, inlays, materials, etc that is pleasing to that persons eye. Over the past 10 years I have ordered 2 custom cues. Both...
  11. philly

    Cloth color

    I have the Simonis blue on my table. Next recover will be the Simonis grey. Easy on they eye and I can't think of a ball set thst has any grey balls. My table has very tight pockets.
  12. philly

    Carom table hierarchy for serious players

    They new owners have done some serious renovations over the last 3 months. When I played with you in that room it was 2 owners ago.
  13. philly

    Carom table hierarchy for serious players

    That's my choice completely. I don't own the room. It's just my playground.
  14. philly

    Carom table hierarchy for serious players

    I asked the owners and they said heating the slate is not necessary because there is cloth out there now that is fast enough. I don't understand it either. I sorely miss a 3C table.
  15. philly

    Carom table hierarchy for serious players

    I understand that they won't be heated. Apparently there is a NEW cloth out there that is as fast as a heated table. Could be Royal Pro Carom or Simon's Hybrid S. https://caromsports.com/products/rpcc11g https://iwansimonis.com/carom-cloth/
Back
Top