Recent content by ratcues

  1. ratcues

    Phenolic Tip

    Its too much. yes, harder to control. More miscues. Sounds terrible.
  2. ratcues

    Phenolic Tip

    G10 is harder but I wouldn't recommend it on a break cue. Check the center height of your cutter. Too high or too low will cause issues, especially with hard materials.
  3. ratcues

    Phenolic Tip

    You should be able to cut it with carbide.
  4. ratcues

    Cue Repair, Shipping Disaster

    Its fixable. I've done a few like this before.
  5. ratcues

    Annoying resonant rattle/buzz coming from wrap area - please advise

    The price of the cue doesn't matter. I've seen this issue in $5000 cues. If it is under warranty, then yes, it should be fixed.
  6. ratcues

    Annoying resonant rattle/buzz coming from wrap area - please advise

    Its not the A joint connecting threads, its the face where the handle meets the forearm. There are a few reasons it can happen. One, the joint can be glue starved. Another can be temp/humidity changes. Or Trauma. Etc... Is it fixable? Yes. I've done many over the years. Is it worth the expense...
  7. ratcues

    Tactiq rubber wrap

    The wall thickness of a CF tube is pretty thin compared to the amount needed to undercut a wrap channel. You're playing with fire unless you specifically know the that all thickness.
  8. ratcues

    Cue Butt Void Filling

    This is one of the biggest changes to cue building that I've seen in the past ten years. Back in the late 1900s, when I got into building, we wanted cues to "ping." Now, it seems players want a deadened "thud." I don't get it. I believe deadening the ping to a thud has to affect the feedback of...
  9. ratcues

    Butt with slight warp

    A 1/16th of an inch isn't worth the hassle or cost of repairing.
  10. ratcues

    Butt with slight warp

    If you can see the warp, you aren't turning it out.
  11. ratcues

    Sanding left a bunch of white sawdust embedded in cue. What do I do? What happened?

    Wipe with DNA and see if the spots disappear while wet. If they go away while wet but come back when dry, its just embedded dust. If the stay, it is a part of the wood and will not cover. That's how I can tell whether something will show up under the finish or not.
  12. ratcues

    Need some help

    1. You may be cutting too much too fast causing tool pressure. 2. Raise your cutter. Your center height is too low.
  13. ratcues

    leather wrap labor time?

    If that job took me more than 30 minutes, I'd quit. Four hours is crazy but for $50, you got a good deal and he lost his ass.
  14. ratcues

    Porper linen press

    I don't sue bearings on mine. Just the Delrin roller on the shaft. Before, I was changing out the bearings every six months or so due to them rusting from water exposure.
  15. ratcues

    Porper linen press

    Muellers bought Porper is the early 2000s. To my knowledge, there is no patent or protections.
Back
Top