Recent content by Rickhem

  1. R

    Coming back

    Good for you! Nothing better than having a goal to work towards, even if that goal has no more defined objective than "get better at it". And you can add "get better" in general to that as well. Hoping you make a rapid recovery, and can keep the prior issues in your rear view mirror as your...
  2. R

    Turning Stone

    We took the ride up on Saturday and watched a bunch of matches throughout the day. Dylan Spohr continues to do better every year in this, and he got a couple good breaks to make it to Sunday morning. Also watched Rachel Lang play, and it seemed like she just had a bad match, then caught Jason...
  3. R

    Billy Thorpe

    Agree completely. Billy is a huge supporter, and brings a lot of energy and positivity, remember him in the Uncle Sam outfit? A couple years ago, while my girl and I were visiting Turning Stone to watch the tournament there, we took a break down in the casino for a bit. I was playing craps...
  4. R

    Age related decline.

    I really haven't been playing for long, at least not regularly, or taking it seriously. Started less than 10 years ago when in my late 50s. I went through the eyesight woes with pistol shooting, which I've done for decades prior to that. I don't have that long history of competition playing...
  5. R

    Thank you all

    Hang in there Jay. Here's hoping you're back to 110% in no time.
  6. R

    2-minute survey for pool players — a startup wants your honest opinion

    My laptop gave me the "suspicious website" warning when I tried clicking on the link. That sometimes doesn't stop me, but it did this time.
  7. R

    cheap carbon fiber shaft

    I got a Rhino, for my GFs McDermott, a couple Christmases ago, and she likes it. That prompted at few others on our 8 ball team to get either shafts, or full cues from Rhino. Everyone is very happy with them. I've seen ads for Bizu Billiards, and they have a carbon fiber shaft for $103 with...
  8. R

    Leather wrap

    Here's the cue I have been playing with for the last few years. The stacked leather wrap is really what set it apart for me. The lighter color is not as light anymore, and it probably could use a good cleaning. I'm looking into how to do that, but I still really like it.
  9. R

    Funny pic/gif thread...

  10. R

    Hustling the Hustler. Recreating an Amos Shot from TCOM

    Neat one Brian. Can't tell you how many times I see these kind of frozen, or nearly frozen balls on a league night, and the person playing doesn't realize that's it's just about wired towards a pocket. Very cool shot!
  11. R

    I won a league matching using this artistic shot

    Good one Brian. I set this up and tried it at home. Isn't too hard, but that contact point on the initial object ball is the key.
  12. R

    Abreviations

    An old shooting buddy used to talk about ERMAs, Easily Recognisable Military Acronyms. His point was that they usually weren't so easily recognisable until you heard them a few times.
  13. R

    Funny pic/gif thread...

  14. R

    Funny pic/gif thread...

    That's the MET, in NYC. You have to see that in person, it's life size.
Back
Top