Recent content by Wayne Crimi

  1. Wayne Crimi

    150 BALLS RUN Irving Crane vs Joseph Balsis 1966

    I'm beginning to change my mind a little. I'm 67 now. I played from about 18-22, quit for 10 years, then played for another 4 years. I haven't played really at all for around 30 years. My high run is 93. I ran a few 80s. I would run out with break and ball in hand in 9 ball 50% of the time...
  2. Wayne Crimi

    (Un)Popular Opinion on Fargo Rate

    I still believe the ratings are moving a bit too slowly. For discussion's sake let say a player is rated 750. Just on randomness, he's probably going to have short periods where his RESULTS (key word "results") indicate he's playing 700 pool, 800 pool or even in a wider range even if he's...
  3. Wayne Crimi

    Johnny Archer vs Kevin Clark race to 800 points

    Johnny played quite well. I think he's slowly rounding into form.
  4. Wayne Crimi

    Johnny Archer vs Kevin Clark race to 800 points

    Johnny seems to be trying to get back into top form, but you can tell he's got a way to go.
  5. Wayne Crimi

    Efren playing 14.1

    I saw Efren play some 14.1 in one of the major tourmamemts in NY years ago. He won the match I saw and played well, but he missed a couple of easy shots. He took the balls off well.
  6. Wayne Crimi

    Filler Reclaims His Crown to Become The First Two-Time UK Open Champion

    If there was any doubt about who the best 9 ball player in the world is I think we can put that debate to rest.
  7. Wayne Crimi

    (Un)Popular Opinion on Fargo Rate

    Earlier in the thread I was making the case that IMHO Fargo Ratings don't adjust fast enough to new information and should be tweaked slightly to weigh a player's most recent performances a little heavier (more like chess ratings). It wouldn't require a huge change, just a tweak. As part of...
  8. Wayne Crimi

    The CARBON FIBER Shaft With the LEAST Cue Ball DEFLECTION

    No I used various tips over the years, but I never saw a pattern to the deflection amount. I would notice other things like how much action I could get on the cueball depending on shape and hardness of the tip. There may have been differences, just not enough so i could notice it.
  9. Wayne Crimi

    The CARBON FIBER Shaft With the LEAST Cue Ball DEFLECTION

    1 x Predator REVO Pool Shaft - 12.4 mm - 29 inches - White Vault Plate I just bought the above to replace my Predator 314 that's about 31 years old. When I first switched to Predator from a standard wood shaft with a lot of deflection I loved it. My game almost immediately moved up a small...
  10. Wayne Crimi

    Apparently John Schmidt ran a 820 recently

    I agree. Shaw runs balls with brute pocketing and cue ball skills. John plays 14.1 like it used to be played years ago. There's obviously a ton of skill and knowledge involved, but sometimes it feels like art.
  11. Wayne Crimi

    Apparently John Schmidt ran a 820 recently

    To run that many balls is amazing and should have made him feel euphoric, but to be that close to the record and not break it monumentally frustrating, especially because I think it's possible the miss was on a skid and not a scratch or lockup. All time great 14.1 player.
  12. Wayne Crimi

    Jayson Shaw World Record video

    Are there going to be any more attempts by him or others?
  13. Wayne Crimi

    150 BALLS RUN Irving Crane vs Joseph Balsis 1966

    All I can say is that when I bought my first low deflection Predator shaft (when they first came out), my shot making went up a level as soon as my brain got used to the new smaller deflection adjustments. Also, my occasional misfires where I put a touch on English on the cueball I didn't want...
  14. Wayne Crimi

    150 BALLS RUN Irving Crane vs Joseph Balsis 1966

    The great mystery to me is how much of players "shooting straighter" today is due to superior cues and cloth vs better stroke and technique? I know for myself, when I play on a slower nappy cloth my accuracy takes a signficant hit due to swerve from English (both accidental and purposeful). I...
  15. Wayne Crimi

    (Un)Popular Opinion on Fargo Rate

    It would be really nice if the data was downloadable to a spreadsheet or if there was an inquiry function so we could slice and dice the ratings and track ups/downs, improvement, put more weight on recent games for young players who may be improving rapidly, look at 500 or 1000 game chunks...
Back
Top