If you have more than one playing cue, do you alternate? or how do you choose.

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't been doing my part for the cue industry. I can't imagine having more than one shooter on the go.

In the last 25 years I've switched shooters only once, although I did switch to a carbon shaft this Christmas. I guess I figure there's no point changing once you find something you like. Used an early model Cuetec for the first 20 years, then a Lucasi when I wanted to switch to LD (even though the Cuetec was still perfectly fine) and liked the hit of it better than the rest I tried. The Lucasi now wears Jacoby carbon.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But don't you think the material of the butt will alter the feel of the play, even so slightly? I would think that even if they're all the same weight.
I don’t think my feel is fine tuned enough to notice that difference, if there is any.

JazzboxBlues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have 2 cues right now. A Josey Sneaky that I got from him 3.5 years ago and Mike Bender I’ve had for a little over a year. I played with the Bender for quite a few months but went back to the Josey. I like both of them but the Josey just seems to be the one. In matter of fact I think it’s the best cue I have ever owned. I do have another builder’s sneaky coming I’m going to try out. I also have a Merry Widow Josey coming this summer as well. It’ll be nice to compare a full splice to 3 piece butt. I feel I’d be best off if I just picked one and stayed with it.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The ONLY time I play with a cue different from my main player is if I am flying somewhere. My main cue will never get stolen at an airport, I won't risk that...

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My thought is adaptability. I play with a Richard Black stainless joint, an ivory joint and god knows what the Sneaky Pete is. I never asked.

I’m used to traveling leagues, or me traveling and picking up a game or a tournament. Conditions vary so much. Play with different cues. Play on different tables. Don’t get locked into a particular cue or table.

Well, I guess if you live in the same place long enough and play at the same room, and play on the same table, well, then, i would keep the same cue and everything else I could.

Otherwise, I’d err on the side of adaptability.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I have 3 or 4 in my wall rack at home that I consider "my" cues. They are all right around 19 oz and similar balance but some wrapped, some wrapless, one CF, a few different tips and joint styles. I start with one, usually whatever I've played with the most in the last month or so, and change if the first one is misbehaving. If I'm outside the house I just take one and a break cue.

Jimbojim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have my main cue and I have a spare cue which is the same butt model and same shaft model. I have tested a lot of cues and if something happens to my main cue, I know I can rely on that spare cue to carry me.