When Are New Products Released?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep, the BCA Trade show, but that is an internal show not a public one unless you have friends hehe.
I got a few trips to that due to my son playing in Junior Nationals that was tied to the BCA show location, but in most cases you need to be a vendor, sponsored pro that is invited to attend or somehow tied to the industry (reporter/writer maybe or similar thing)

SBE is probably a good place also to see but not quite like the BCA shows since that is where the buyers and sellers get together. SBE is more for the consumers, BCA is where the people buy the stuff to sell to the consumers.

middleofnowhere

Registered
Yep, the BCA Trade show, but that is an internal show not a public one unless you have friends hehe.
I got a few trips to that due to my son playing in Junior Nationals that was tied to the BCA show location, but in most cases you need to be a vendor, sponsored pro that is invited to attend or somehow tied to the industry (reporter/writer maybe or similar thing)

SBE is probably a good place also to see but not quite like the BCA shows since that is where the buyers and sellers get together. SBE is more for the consumers, BCA is where the people buy the stuff to sell to the consumers.
I haven't been to the BCA show in a few years but last time I was there it was more hot tubs and bar stools then pool equipment.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't know. It's sort of an I'll know it when I see it.
Really, I've been using a Meucci which I never liked that much. I just want something else. I haven't figured out what it is yet.
In that case, the SBE or one of the major league events that have a lot of vendor booths is probably good for you.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Really, I've been using a Meucci which I never liked that much. I just want something else. I haven't figured out what it is yet.
I think places like seyberts and pooldawg offer returns if you don't like a product. They have tons of cues to try. I happen to like Seyberts better because they offer Affirm to pay over time and they also offer seybert bucks which gives you money off your next purchase.

What don't you like about Meucci? Is it the shaft? They have many shafts, a few a ton better than others. Their LD line with the Pro, Ultimate Weapon and CF Pro are 3 awesome shafts.

Like you I've bought and tried hundreds of cues from custom, crap mass producers and high end mass production. I think when all said and done because I have a few cues out on assignment now to get 3 others I want, I should end up with 14 cues total with about 30 shafts.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Keep in mind "new stuff for the year" is mostly design changes to the look not performance. If you are just looking for a cue different than yours, there are decades of a few dozen makers you can pick from, you don't need to look at the newest 2023 models fresh off the showroom floor. It's not like cars where every 3-5 years there can be a large difference in the models.

SBE is probably the best place to head to like Bob J said for seeing cues, new and used and trying them out on demo tables. Also a good idea to ask around your local pool halls what people use, most are happy to share info and have you try some shots with their stuff.