Pool Table @ Home Question

TheLoneSilencer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shop around, you will find a nice Gold Crown or Diamond reasonably priced. I know Anthony Crosby usually has a bunch of Diamonds at nice prices.. I just got a GC1 with tightened pockets & practically new Simonis 860 for $1500 on Facebook marketplace. I lucked out as the table happened to be in the same town I just had a house built from scratch in. So getting it picked up, delivered & setup was only another $400.

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
I looked and looked for a table and found a GC4 for $2200 about 4 hours away. Went and got it because all the other 2's or 3's I found were trashed, or too far away. One GC2 I found had tight pockets (4") I believe, but couldn't confirm it was subrail extensions, and it was still $2k.

I have somewhere in the ballpark of $4500 +/- in the table without accessories. Added ball return, pro cut pockets, new cloth, new cushions, mechanic install, etc.

Good luck on your search. There is alot of junk out there but some gems too.

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi,

I am going to be purchasing my first 9-ft table soon (used). I will be replacing the cushions and the cloth for sure. I have been playing for several years - mainly on Brunswicks.

Most people in my hall tell me to either get a used Gold Crown or Diamond and stay away from other stuff.

But I have found some used tables online that are neither GCs or Diamonds - from brands I have never heard of. I like the looks of some of them too.

So do you think there is a huge difference between a used GC/Diamond with "premium" cushions and cloth, over a non-tournament-rated table with the same cushions and cloth?
So Diamond and Brunswick are the best tournament tables. I myself can really enjoy any quality American made table. There are several beside the ones already mentioned. Manufacturers such as Oulhasen and Connelly are great choices and the do make "furniture" tables.

I would most definitely stay away from imported tables! Even though China has some ok offerings they are few and far between.

Good luck and happy hunting
Brunswick tables are imports now days, but are probably better than alot of other Chinese imports . Rassons are chinese i believe and seem to have decent name .

Thanks for responses so far!

To answer some questions:
The tables I have in mind right now (have still not seen them), are:
1) an Olhausen sahara (with 3pc Italian slate I believe)
2) a Brunswick GC3

Brunswick will be close to 2.5x times more expensive than the Olhausen.

I would not want to spend more than 4k for everything (table + new cushions & felt + installation)
Usually newer Oulhasen tables do not need rails. Oulhasen uses Accu fast cushions, they are high quality, but extremely fast. I would post your question in the sub forum table mechanic section.

I have owned two Oulhasen tables (I had to downsize). They both have been good tables. No issues. Another thing to consider is call your local table mechanic and ask him/her. Sometimes table mechanics may know of a deal on another table...

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for responses so far!

To answer some questions:
The tables I have in mind right now (have still not seen them), are:
1) an Olhausen sahara (with 3pc Italian slate I believe)
2) a Brunswick GC3

Brunswick will be close to 2.5x times more expensive than the Olhausen.

I would not want to spend more than 4k for everything (table + new cushions & felt + installation)
Where are you located?

Hi,

I am going to be purchasing my first 9-ft table soon (used). I will be replacing the cushions and the cloth for sure. I have been playing for several years - mainly on Brunswicks.

Most people in my hall tell me to either get a used Gold Crown or Diamond and stay away from other stuff.

But I have found some used tables online that are neither GCs or Diamonds - from brands I have never heard of. I like the looks of some of them too.

So do you think there is a huge difference between a used GC/Diamond with "premium" cushions and cloth, over a non-tournament-rated table with the same cushions and cloth?
I have played on both and the Diamonds play totally different than GC. I guess it depends what your used to. I don't like the ball return on Diamonds

windward

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another thing to consider. Find the best table mechanic in your area for the set up. You can have the best table in the world, if the setup is not right, it won't play like it should.

Nyquil

Another thing to consider. Find the best table mechanic in your area for the set up. You can have the best table in the world, if the setup is not right, it won't play like it should.
↑^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said. Had a bad mechanic on my brand new table and it was a nightmare. Second crew (local) came out made it worse. Heath ended up arranging one of the lead diamond mechanics to come out and everything was made right. That installer David Isaac's will be the only mechanic that touches my table moving forward period.

Last edited:

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tinder...??
Exactly.
You swipe until you see a chick with
a pool table in her profile pic. Then you just do
the math.
Woman is a 7 but, the table is a 8ft
plywood slate furniture table 7-2=5. Chick is 4
and the table is a 9ft. Gold crown vi 4+2=6.
Now, even though she is a 4 you will be spending
most of your time in the basement banging balls
instead of her. The 4 + the Gold crown is the obvious choice.