WCBS Supports Ban on Russian and Belarusian Players

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
At its Board meeting today, 3rd March 2022, the WCBS (World Confederation of Billiards Sports) took the decision to stand by and in support of the IOC recommendation of not permitting Russian and Belarusian athletes and officials to compete in international sporting events. It is indeed a sad day for our sport of billiards when we have to deny athletes from doing what they love to do. Our heart and thoughts extend to not only the people of Ukraine, but those also in Russia and Belarus and hope this terrible period will come to an end very soon. The decision of the WCBS is endorsed by its three members, the IBSF (International Billiards & Snooker Federation), the UMB (Union Mondiale de Billar) and the WPA (World Pool-Billiard Association).

Go to post

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
My favorite player is Fedor Gorst....He's a sportsman and a true gentleman. He doesn't
deserve this ruling.

The wonderful people of the Ukraine don't deserve their fate either, there are no winners as a result of putin's ill-fated endeavor.

i also enjoy watching Fedor play pool and if i had any influence with him i'd urge him to relocate, to include becoming a citizen of a Democratic or Neutral country at once.

russia will prevail, without divine intervention, in annexing all or part of the Ukraine, however, russia's future is bleak

Taxi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Fedor has supported the unconscionable Russian invasion, or if his tour expenses were being paid by the Russian government, I could see barring him from tournaments. But otherwise this reeks of little but virtue signaling hysteria.